Sign in to follow this  
walt935

Locating Storage Door Molding Or Repair Place

I have a 2001 Rexhall Roseair where there is some damage to the storage door hinge molding. In contacting over 40 salvage yards and other repair facilities nationwide, I have not found one that either 1) has this replacement molding or 2) is willing to perform any typre of repair. The molding piece is 16 feet long but the cracked portion, which may possible be spliced, is about 10 inches. Any suggestions?

Is it the trim moulding that covers the screws? If it is, I replaced mine just before I had it painted last June. I found it in one of the salvage yards in the Elkhart area, don't remember which one, sorry.

Contact Bill Rex at the Rexhall plant in Lancaster, CA. Bill is a great guy and will do everything he can to help you out.

Better yet come to our homecoming at the plant the end of October and he and the guys come over to your space at the park to see what they can do or fix for you.

Bill Forrest

Is it the trim moulding that covers the screws? If it is, I replaced mine just before I had it painted last June. I found it in one of the salvage yards in the Elkhart area, don't remember which one, sorry.

Thanks very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I sent pictures of the damage to all of the salvage yards in Elkhart which responded that they did not have this type of molding that supports the storage doors.

Contact Bill Rex at the Rexhall plant in Lancaster, CA. Bill is a great guy and will do everything he can to help you out.

Better yet come to our homecoming at the plant the end of October and he and the guys come over to your space at the park to see what they can do or fix for you.

Bill Forrest

Thanks for the reply. Have previously contacted the RexHall repair facility which indicated they do not have any of this molding in inventory and the manufacturer has gone out of business. There is a former RexHall employee which established his own repair shop in Palmdale and he indicates the same but is willing to perhaps weld a section where the break is.

Thanks very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I sent pictures of the damage to all of the salvage yards in Elkhart which responded that they did not have this type of molding that supports the storage doors.

Are you looking for the aluminum extrusion or the vinyl?

Thanks for the reply Rick. The link you sent me is from a company called All-Rite. They were one of many I contacted. On 4/30 a Lindsey Burke there reported they are not able to custom manufacturer the piece or have it in inventory.

Have you tried Gamblers in Quartzite (open only during the winter) or Walts in Pomona? I think i have seen completed doors there.