Jerrykimball

King Dome Satellite Dish

I'm a newby to this site but not to RVing/camping. But the last time we did this we never considered a satellite system for our unit. Today is different though, kids want to play games and parents watch a movie at the same time. With that said, I am looking for a an easy system that will run two (2) tv/receivers that can be portable that will not break the bank. Dish networks Pay As You Go seems reasonable but can someone suggest some equipment to use.

I am thinking about using a temporary mount on the top of the ladder at the rear of my fifth wheel which I will take down when traveling the road. It isn't that difficult to put the dish or cube up there if you plan ahead. The only problem I see with this method is aiming, but that I can over come. I know that I can get one that will automatically lock on to a satellite, but again need some suggestions.

Thank you!

Sounds like you need a portable dish with at least two outputs for two receivers. You can use a home dish and a tripod stand. There are apps for your cell phone that show you where the satellites are.

Nubie to RVing.

In the processing closing purchase of 2008 Isata Ford E-450 which had in motion satellite system. Which is the best satellite provider, and about HiDef. TV's in unit are not HD.

Thanks ahead;

Ray L.

The in-motion domes (all domes) can receive the Dish HD programming but none can receive the DirecTV HD programming. If HD is not an issue for you then I would go with DirecTV as all of their SD programming comes off just one satellite which is centrally located in the US (101 longitude) and provides the best service area.