gagnevada

Water Problems In Slide Outs

We are experiencing water seeping in our slideouts and the result is a mildewy odor in our cabinets, We have actually taken our Class A Monaco motorhome back to the manufacturer and had two of the slideouts repaired. They were drenched in water in the walls so all insulation had to be removed and replaced with new but that was when our motorhome was less than one year old.

Now we are experiencing it in our full wall slide. How do you get to the seam when it is a full wall (28' long with a slideout cover over it?

So my husband is thinking about drilling from the inside of the cabinet somehow and putting vents in?

Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, please advise as to what works!

Thank you.

Before you take measures to eleminate the odor, first find and stop the leak. To get to the top joint/ seal on the slide you will have to remove the topper. Chances are this is where the water is coming in. I had a simlilar leak on a slide and finally ended up putting a 4" piece of eternabond the whole length of the joint on top of the slide and this ended the problem. I also had to remove an inner wall in a bedroom slide. Don't now about yours but on the slide I had to repair, the wall board was glued and nailed and was quite a job.

You might also want to check the seam if you have one on the outside wall as well, this one is usually covered with a removable strip, these too can leak and allow water into the slide...hope this helps