djordan1677

Trailer Hitch Wiring - Problem

Can anyone out there help me. I just bought a 2003 Monaco Monarch SE 36 DBD. Normally I can wire up a 7 pin plug with no problem until now. I'm only using 4 pins at this time; tail light, left turn, right turn and ground. the left and right turn working fine but can not get the running lights to work. No power. I've undone all the wiring in the back above hitch and tested each line. I also looked for an in-line fuse but can't find one. I check the fuse box in the engine compartment; it was good.

What do I do now?

djordan, Just wondering if you have marker lights on the coach.

From the information I have on a 04 model coach, there is a relay (R9) located in Box 1 and a 20 amp fuse. A low current circuit powers the relay, labeled marker signal. to enable the marker flash circuit. In the same panel is a 15 amp fuse that powers the marker light circuit.

The Maker Light power is supplied to 4/7 trailer connection pin F and is powered from the same circuit that power the coach markers. There is no other circuit or fuses pictured using a separate fuse / relay box in this case for the Toad or Trailer power.

Should you have marker lights at all the other lights, then there must be a damage splice need the back of the coach. I would look at the point they connect the rear marker light harness for the coach for the mire that connects to the trailer socket. The other potability is a broken wire between the socket and the coach splice point.

Rich.

Rich,

Thanks, it was the marker light 10 amp fuse; missed that one. But now another problem. The marker lights stay on all the time. Also do you know anything about a gray wire that is bundled together with the trailer wiring; I don't know where to wire in or if I need to use it. ? and the rear tail light ambers stopped working except blinkers.

djordan,

Well its a start! things are never easy.

When you replaced the 10 amp fuse did or do you hear a relay close? Check to see if that is the case.

Note, if you hear a relay closing as you install and remove the fuse, then I think you have a problem with the ICC Marker Light Switch. Check the switch and or wiring for a problem in the ICC relay circuit wiring.

With current running to the relay all the time that could blow the 10 amp fuse?

I think on your coach you will find an ICC Headlight switch that allows you to blink / flash the headlights also.

You mentioned the amber lights stopped working-- when the marker light are on? Or amber on the Toad ? In that case you are going to need to install some diodes in the stop / turn signal wiring.

Could you post the lighting set up on the toad and if you have Just red stop and turn lights on the coach OR red stop and amber turn lights on the coach.

What is the size of gray wire ?

The pin configuration for you coach should look something like this:

A= Ground, B= No Connection, C= Left turn / Brake, D= Right turn / Right Brake, E= Backup lights, F= Marker lights. G= The center connection if your coach has a 7 pin socket.

Rich.

Dave, thanks for the PM.

Glad you got things working after replacing the fuse and rewiring the trailer socket.

Safe travels and bright lights !!!

Rich.