Kevin510

Norcold Double Door Fridge Not Working

I must be lucky as my icemaker will work just fine going down the road. It is just like magic I get set up open the freezer door and there is a full bin of ice cubes, life is good.

Bill

My ice maker doesn't work while driving. At 5'2" she just tells me I'm on the wrong road spouting off orders like a General, complaining when I ask for another bottle of water. :D

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I would NOT run an ice maker while driving. Too easy (way too easy) for water to slosh out of the mold right after filling when you hit a bump or go around a corner.

Have no interest in one HUGE ice cube from water sloshing out into the ice bin and freezing it into a solid block.

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I would NOT run an ice maker while driving. Too easy (way too easy) for water to slosh out of the mold right after filling when you hit a bump or go around a corner.

Have no interest in one HUGE ice cube from water sloshing out into the ice bin and freezing it into a solid block.

We haven't a problem like that but it could happen filling around a curve. Normal cruise down the interstate shouldn't be a problem. To stop the ice maker all you have to do is lift the wire arm until it locks in up position.

Joe.

5' 2"? And your 6' 6"? This I have got to see! :blink::D

I shut mine off like Brett. Have had the one big cube and it's a total pain, I had to use a borrowed hair dryer and then I ended up with H2O everywhere! No thanks, not again! :angry::(

Carl

Carl, she is 5'2" I am 5'8" not 6'6".

Puff, when you sell that coach you have to stay on here....no one else will defend the Norcold 1200 series they way you do. :D You are like the Norcold expert, that's pleasant to work with.

just my two cents, my ice maker was the only thing that worked on our 1200LRIM correctly. It was plugged into a separate outlet, not sure why. all it ever gave us was cold H2O, nothing freezes at 34 degrees. twice I was able to get the freezer below freezing, not sure why or how on the one time. The 2nd time it was behind the coach (after it was removed) and it got cold out that night. :lol:

I'm surprised that anyone still has a NOCOLD in their units? It really belongs in the cellar of a RV museum some where! :rolleyes: Rays got to stay!!! ^_^

My best friend is 5' 8", so he claims, and DW is 5' 2"....she comes to my waist line! :lol: You should see us dance, I feel like putting her on a table! :o They both claim to be normal! :blink:

Carl

I'm surprised that anyone still has a NOCOLD in their units? It really belongs in the cellar of a RV museum some where! :rolleyes: Rays got to stay!!! ^_^

My best friend is 5' 8", so he claims, and DW is 5' 2"....she comes to my waist line! :lol: You should see us dance, I feel like putting her on a table! :o They both claim to be normal! :blink:

Carl

:D

Thanks FMCA members!  Heading out to AZ for rally in a couple of days.  Went to turn on fridge..nothing.  Did some troubleshooting...nothing. Came here, tried the magnet trick...VOILA! Fridge working (so far--fingers crossed). Thanks again,

Mike, Becky, and Gossamer

2005 Travel Supreme DS04

Wayne77590, sorry for the very late response, I am on here again looking for solution to slideout problem.  

What caused it to trip was having the RV washed but not protecting the fridge area vent /cover on the outside....rookie mistake!  Has worked fine ever since.

2 hours ago, Gossamer said:

Wayne77590, sorry for the very late response, I am on here again looking for solution to slideout problem.  

What caused it to trip was having the RV washed but not protecting the fridge area vent /cover on the outside....rookie mistake!  Has worked fine ever since.

That happen all the time with the recall box on my previous coach,  I replace that box with arprv unit problem solved.  https://www.arprv.com/

On 5/27/2018 at 9:10 AM, desertdeals69 said:

I would replace with a residential fridge.  

The Norcold worked fine when I traded the 14 year old coach in.  The new coach has to have 2 3000 watts inverters, 3 solar panels and 4 large AGM batteries to run a residential refrigerator.  The batteries may only last 6 hours dry camping overnight.    .  

40 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

The batteries may only last 6 hours dry camping overnight. 

Puff, have you tried it out to see how long? I only have one 2000 watt inverter, no solar and my refrigerator has ran over 8 hours without the auto start engaging the generator. 

Let talk overnight when the solar won't do squat.  When I picked up the coach from the dealer I first plugged in using a extension cord.  The connection to the cord was bad and allowed the  refrigerator to run down the batteries by the next morning.  I plugged the coach cord directly into the garage outlet and that solved that problem.   I kept it plugged in to install water filter and test ice maker.  I finish the test and shut the fridge  off by pressing the off button on the keypad.  This shuts off the compressor and ice maker only.  The pad stays lit and inside light comes on when opening the door.  With all the electronic this coach has, I believe shutting the fridge off overnight will be the best practice when dry camping.   

As far as auto start generator, there's also quiet time overnight so generator not allowed to run.  

Puff, I n ow have one 2812 PSW Magnum & 8,  AGM.  I have everything in coach that I used to have in the AC Tradition and a Colman freezer in bay, that I didn't have in AC...all works fine!  When we get some time, I'll disconnect power and see how long the fridge works!  

Right now it's 96 degrees for the second day & linda would not be happy if I turn ed off AC's!

I wouldn't ask anybody to run a test for me.  I also don't know if we be comparing apples to apples but copied from my coach specs I have L16 AGM batteries (4), (6v/390 amp hrs. ea.).  Also have 3,000 watt pure sine wave inverters (2).  I have 2 switches to shut them off in storage.  There is lots of stuff on I didn't know including basement freezer.  

On 2/28/2016 at 8:46 PM, huffypuff said:

Herman what if you got to your destination and have no ice cubes. I just told you how my coach is setup. The inverter outlet has a label on it that reads for icemaker only.

My MH has 1 receptacle for the fridge and ice maker, My Xantrex RS2000 has a pass-through feature and knows where to source power. You cannot lump all MH wiring together. Now if I forget to switch on my inverter while driving_no ice for my bourbon that evening.

3 hours ago, huffypuff said:

When I picked up the coach from the dealer I first plugged in using a extension cord.  The connection to the cord was bad and allowed the  refrigerator to run down the batteries by the next morning. 

I am guessing but I would say the batteries may not have been all that well charged from the dealer. You have a great opportunity (and time) to run a test and see how long they will last.

You could spend the night in it just like we tell people just starting out.:D

Bill

26 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

I wouldn't ask anybody to run a test for me.  I also don't know if we be comparing apples to apples but copied from my coach specs I have L16 AGM batteries (4), (6v/390 amp hrs. ea.).  Also have 3,000 watt pure sine wave inverters (2).  I have 2 switches to shut them off in storage.  There is lots of stuff on I didn't know including basement freezer.  

I have 4 Interstate 6v Lead Acid 330 Ahr batteries and run my 19 cf Samsung residential on 2000 watt modified sine wave inverter. I have no problem going 24 hours before I need  generator.  When my refrigerator is running the inverter is showing  10 amps DC on on my inverter panel. I read somewhere where the pure sine wave inverters are not as efficient as the modifified sine wave inveters are.

Jim

3 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I am guessing but I would say the batteries may not have been all that well charged from the dealer. You have a great opportunity (and time) to run a test and see how long they will last.

You could spend the night in it just like we tell people just starting out.:D

Bill

You may be right about that as must of been a drain of power with 2 inverters going full charge.  It tried to eat my extension cord.  

11 hours ago, F433921 said:

I have 4 Interstate 6v Lead Acid 330 Ahr batteries and run my 19 cf Samsung residential on 2000 watt modified sine wave inverter. I have no problem going 24 hours before I need  generator.  When my refrigerator is running the inverter is showing  10 amps DC on on my inverter panel. I read somewhere where the pure sine wave inverters are not as efficient as the modifified sine wave inveters are.

Jim

Jim, The efficiency Rates are different.

458 Xantrex is rated at 92% and there SW series is rated at 85%. Not that much difference in the over numbers of usable 12 volt current in the larger battery banks. Smaller applications tend to be in lower end equipment, but they do not include the same load range. 

The trade off is some of the digital electronics do not perform well on the Modified Sine wave. A number of items or suppliers will state that information in the owners manuals. The devil is in the fine print many times. 

Replaced our unit because the suppliers of some high end items will not stand behind electrical damage caused by Modified sine wave sources.

The same goes for gas powered equipment warranties, when ethanol blended fuels are used. Example! engine warranties are only 18 months using ethanol mixed fuel, compared to 6 years in a number of cases. 

Rich.

1 hour ago, DickandLois said:

Jim, The efficiency Rates are different.

458 Xantrex is rated at 92% and there SW series is rated at 85%. Not that much difference in the over numbers of usable 12 volt current in the larger battery banks. Smaller applications tend to be in lower end equipment, but they do not include the same load range. 

The trade off is some of the digital electronics do not perform well on the Modified Sine wave. A number of items or suppliers will state that information in the owners manuals. The devil is in the fine print many times. 

Replaced our unit because the suppliers of some high end items will not stand behind electrical damage caused by Modified sine wave sources.

The same goes for gas powered equipment warranties, when ethanol blended fuels are used. Example! engine warranties are only 18 months using ethanol mixed fuel, compared to 6 years in a number of cases. 

Rich.

My old obsolete Xantrex RS2000 pure sine wave specs  state 92%, 87% under full load. IF/when it dies, I'll buy another Xantrex unit.