Sign in to follow this  
hugger5

Former Boaters Hitting Road in Motorhome

We are Ken and Dorothy. After 26 years of boaters on Lake Michigan, we retired to New Mexico 7 years ago. Having no BIG water available, we needed a new outlet for adventures.

Four years ago we purchased our first motorhome. As i was retired, I found that not working was not the answer, so I took a job as a security officer. The company I worked for liked my ethics, and made me the Southern New Mexico area supervisor. With this new offer, I spent four days a week in the motorhome. I was able to travel from El Paso, TX, to T or C New Mexico.

Having reached full retirement, we are now beginning to travel. We have met many new friends, and hope to meet more. We have made plans to attend the Alb Int baloon fest in October. We travel in a 1988 R & R Suncrest, and tow a Jeep.

It may be an older coach, but we've found it at a great deal. Looking forward to enjoying a good time. Thanks for all the information members submit on the forums.

Member # 432815 Location Small town just north of El Paso TX.

Good travels to all.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Like you, there are many retired boaters here. Dianne and I have over 25,000 miles in our sailboats-- mostly from Texas to the Bahamas where we spent many winters.

We attended the Balloon Fiesta last year with the Four Corners Airstream group. That is a great experience! We could see the assentions through our MH front window, while we had the generator nunning, listening to the local NBC station describe the activities, and drinking hot coffee. I know you will enjoy the experience. FMCA also has a Balloon Fiesta Rally that sounds GREAT!

Happy travels in your motor home!

Sam

We too are former boaters. Had a variety of boats over the years, most recently a Catalina 320 sloop, that we sold in Dec 2012. Had an RV and a boat for many years, but with our increased MH travels and lack of time for sailing, could not justify the cost of the boat...slip, insurance, maint, etc.