Sign in to follow this  
modemem

Rexhall Waste Tanks Access

Hey All,

I'm a newby and have a problem with my 1997 Rexhall Vision V-29. My black tank sensor reads empty all the time even when the tank is full.

Granted it is easy to see when flushing if the tank is full but the co-pilot says "fix it". My question is how do I gain access to the tank and sensor?

The black and grey tanks are enclosed in the basement area with no obvious access panels.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Bill and Chris

1997 Rexhall Vision V-29

Ford F-53/460

We are on RV number five and this is the only one that has had tank sensors that work continue to work. On the other RVs, we ''knew'' when it was time to dump based on experience...and dumped then. We ignored the sensors.

Bill, I would check for a bad ground circuit, common to all the level sensors. common point for the problem is at a wire nut behind the monitor panel or a grounding screw or wire nut that could be in the area of the sensors.

Rich.

Thanks Rich, Checking the ground wire at the sensors is first on my list but the tanks have no visible access. The Rexhall service rep said "remove a basement panel to see the tanks" but could not tell me which panel to remove. The fresh and gray tanks are reading fine. The monitor is enclosed in the range exhaust hood again with no visible means of access. So I will continue to use the eyeball method for now.

Bill.

Hi Bill,

Any chance you could attach a picture of the monitor panel and one picturing the area including the range vent?

Can you eyeball the black tank drain line and see where it runs from? Do not think they would have used any more pipe then necessary. Then what panel is close to where the drain exits.

Rich.

After fighting that very problem on several motorhomes I went with SeeLevel gauge system. The sensors are external and the readout is in percentages. Seems to be trouble free.

Could be sensors are clogged with accumulated gunk. Suggest trying either chemical sensor cleaner, available at RV supply store, or a power flush from the top through the toilet with a spinning, black tank flush tool which attaches to a hose through the bathroom window, also available from RV Supply Store or RV Dept at Walmart.