seacurt

Headlight Lenses

I have a 2005 Fleetwood Expedition. The left headlight lens has condensation in it and the right one is dull.

I know I can get a kit for the right one what can you do about the condensation?

Are the headlights one piece?

Can you take just the lens off?

seacurt,

Welcome to FMCA.

The lenses are one piece, so like DD mentioned you can blow in some compressed air or warm air from a hair drier.

Think the head light assemblies on your year and model are the same as those on some model BMW's if you need to replace them in the future.

Rich.

Just turn the light on for about an hour and the condensation will be gone. Usually low usage causes the condensation problem.It

It may reform if you don't remove the moisture by removing the bulb.

It may reform if you don't remove the moisture by removing the bulb.

The headlight units I have seen have 2 vents on the back side. These are desigined to let the moisture out. Problem is on a RV how often to you drive with your lights on to dry them out. This is especially true on the motorhomes with seperate light for dim and high beam.

On the headlamp with the moisture, don't use a heat gun, way too hot. I have used a hair dryer set on low temp -- it takes awhile.

For the yellowed lens, I have successfully taken 800 and then 1000 wet sandpaper and sanded the lens. Keep the paper and lens wet when you are sanding and you will see the material coming off turning from lite yellow to white. Than 90 % rubbing alcohol and clean the lens several times, let it dry. Paper off the area around the lens and then spray crystal clear paint ( Home Depot, the one made for plastic and has UV protection. You want the headlamp turned on when spraying the lens so the lens is warm. Spray several coats on. I have done this on my Lincoln and several friends, turns crystal clear, just like new!!!

Thank you for all the replies. It seems like I have 2 sealed headlights in one enclosure, so taking out a bulb did not work I drilled a small hole in lens and it cleared up and I resealed hole.