Sign in to follow this  
MrHwy17

Motorhome Mattress

I'm replacing a 20 year old mattress used by at least five previous owners. My coach will accommodate a Queen size mattress but I want the "short" Queen, something like 60 X 75 or 77 (Queen seems to be 60 X 80). Having trouble sourcing a good inner-spring mattress in the short size. Camping World has a short queen but it comes delivered in a box 16 X 16 X 60. How much support could that mattress offer? We are going to be full-timers so a good mattress is essential. Any thoughts? "Sleepless in Los Gatos"

We were "convinced" that memory foam was perfect yada, yada....we purchased 8 inch 3 density layer foam for our conversion

It is comfortable....BUT... it is very, very hot it holds body heat so the body parts touching mattress would be hot and the parts not would be cold from ac at night, we had to put egg crate ontop to create a barrier

Just wanted this info out, most people haven't complained about retained heat with memory foam

I agree any mattress that can be rolled up into 16 inch ball would be crap, like the mattress in a box, good for 5 year olds and that is it

I'm replacing a 20 year old mattress used by at least five previous owners. My coach will accommodate a Queen size mattress but I want the "short" Queen, something like 60 X 75 or 77 (Queen seems to be 60 X 80). Having trouble sourcing a good inner-spring mattress in the short size. Camping World has a short queen but it comes delivered in a box 16 X 16 X 60. How much support could that mattress offer? We are going to be full-timers so a good mattress is essential. Any thoughts? "Sleepless in Los Gatos"

I had an rv queen, 60x74 and went to a standard queen,60x80 and have a much better choice of available mattresses. I like the extra length.

Not sure where you are located, but we have a mattress factory outlet in our town. The factory is 20 miles away. They will make any size we want without any extra charges and remove the old mattress.