Sign in to follow this  
mannynanny

Holiday Rambler Repair

I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler 40dst that I purchased about a year and a half ago. In that time there has been ongoing water leak issues.

Despite the best efforts of my local service center they continue to persist. I have thought of taking it to the Monaco service center in IN. but it closes in 2 months. The problem is on both sides of the back bedroom slide and the carpet at the base of the drivers seat also gets soaked. This happens to the point of growing mushrooms 3-4 inches tall. I live in Cinti. OH.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Does anyone have advise on where to take it now that Monaco has been bought?

Thanks for any input.

Mannynanny.

I have had good service at the Coburg Oregon service facility. Just came back from there in fact and there were customers from Ohio, Illinois, Texas, South Dakota, California...basically all over, who regularly have their coaches serviced there because they do good work.

A "little" bit closer might be Nacogdoches, Texas, as MOT (Motorhomes of Texas) and Foretravel are located there and they both do superb work on all brands of coaches.

Contact Elkhart Service and Collision in Elkhart IND. It is staffed with former Monaco techs. I have taken my coach there and they do an excellent job.

(574) 522-9000 is the number to call.

I know it is late to answer for I had the same problem-- my bedroom slide was leaking bad. At first I took the moldings off to see if I can find the leak. No such luck. Upon inspecting further inspection on the roof, I notice that my awning on the slide out was torn loose (threading come out) and this made a funnel that poured all the water into the gasket causing the gasket to come away from the side of the motorhome and thus the water was pouring into the top of the slide out into the bedroom.

I re-inserted the gasket and sewed the awning back in place. NO further leaks.

This may or may not be your problem but might help other RV's with a leak problem.

I have a HR 2006 with the same problems in the same locations.

I found if I raise the jack in the front it will stop (just a tiny bit).

I sprayed the mushrooms with the mold killer and they went away.

Larry