RWDMLD18

Solar Panel

On our first long trip in the 1999 National Sea Breeze the solar panel came loose from the top of the forward air conditioning shroud. It made a good bit of noise when it came loose. No damage to the RV and no damage to any other vehicle.

The solar panel was orginal equipmnet. The issue is that out of all the equipment information the the previous owner provide the solar panel info is missing. Are the any 1999 National Sea Breeze owners out there that can provide the manufacturer, part number and/or model number of the solar panel?

Bob Dawson

The solar panel was only to trickle charge the 2 6-volt house batteries - it was just mounted on the AC shroud, not charging the AC.

i know the solar panel was to charge the batteries, :rolleyes: the ones i have replaced came from the the mfg of the a/c's and connect to the DC circuit behind the lower ac ceiling assy. if this is one you installed yourself, then i am sure you can find a replacement pretty easy.

steve

Thanks Steve, My better-half was searching the internet last night and she found on the Dometic site our AC unit manual. There is a part number for the solar panel. I am planning to get with Dometic and order it. Thanks for your help. by the way the wire from the solar panel is spliced in under an access panel in the front of the AC unit. The solar panel was installed by the RV dealer when the orginal owner purchased the RV.

Bob

Steve, when I ordered the solar panel there was a charging indicator below the panel so I ordered it. The bes I can determine there curently is nit a charging indicator. Do you know were one would be on a National RV- Sea Breeze?

If you have solar panel that is hooked up to the batteries, it is best to have a controller

to prevent over-charging and boiling your batteries.

If the solar panel is connected to a exhaust fan to vent the back of a refrigerator,

I would add a toggle switch to turn the fan off in the cooler months.