dazzreds

Questions Safari Sahara

We are considering buying a 2003 Safari Sahara diesel pusher...nice coach everything seems to be in working order, just a little apprehensive about trading our 5th wheel in for it...

Any reviews good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dazzreds,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

In that era, Safari was owned by Monaco Corp and the Safari models are very similar to Monaco and Holiday Rambler products of the same vintage and "model hierarchy".

First question would be which chassis it is on-- the 8 outboard air bag suspension is preferable.

To go from a trailer to a motorhome will take some adjustment. A lot of it will be easier and less time consuming. We are currently traveling with friends that have a 5th wheel and it takes them about five times longer to set up and take down for travel as it does us.

As the owner of a Safari Zanzibar I have to say I am disappointed with the rough ride I experience with the Magnum Chassis. I would suggest you test Drive several different chassis makes and see if you think you will be satisfied . After owning a American Eagle, we bought the Zanzibar only to find it very disappointing in the ride, don't make that decision as a snap judgement . (In my humble opinion)

Good luck with your decision.

Regards,

Michael

I purchased a 38' Safari Zanzabar last October and by December was sorry I made the purchase. As Michaelhillhouse stated, the Magnum Chassis was to say at the least a big disappointment. Just before Christmas, I placed it with Camping World in St. Augustine to sell. Fortunately, it sold before the end of the year. I am now looking to downsize to a Class B and looking at the Advanced RV built on a 3500 MB chassis. It is a unique RV and at this time my choice. Good luck with your research and know there are many good people in the FMCA membership that will give you support as you go through the process.

Would be interesting to know if the two negative comments on the chassis is the same chassis as the coach you are considering.

As I mentioned above, the 8 outboard air bag suspension is COMPLETELY different (and much better respected) than the 4 air bag suspension or Torsilastic suspension.

Brett

Sorry but don't know how to reply to your great advice which we will take into consideration. Love this site glad I found it so informative... Thank you

Just ask which chassis it is on-- 8 outboard air bags (you can see them in front of and behind each wheel position) is FAR superior to the 4 inboard air bag chassis (air bags under frame rail well inboard of wheels).