Sign in to follow this  
mmulvenna

Tag Axle Won't Lift

Hello,

We have a 2004 42' Monaco Dynasty with a tag. Recently the Tag started to not lift when I press the tag lift switch left of the drivers seat. I have verified that I have 12 v to the air valve that releases the air from the tag so it will lift. I can hear some air being release but the tag does not raise off the ground.

Any ideas on what might be wrong or what to check will be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to verify that the air valve is function properly? This is separate valve from the one that adjusts the down pressure of the tag.

Thanks

Mike

Mike, If you can locate the valve, check the exhaust port. The same type valve is used for dumping the air. I found one of mine clogged by Dirt Dobbers.

Hope this helps,

Herman

Mike,

The valve that Herman is referring to is the MAC valve in the area of the rear air manifold.

The Valve should get power (12 volts) from a black wire running from the Tag axle control switch. Should you measure 12 volts at the Valve, make sure you have a good ground on the other terminal. There might be a 7.5 amp fuse bad in the ACC / ING fuse box.

Everything is tied into the ride height control system so if that is working, the problem is most likely Mud Dobbers.

Herman! that is what the Northern boys call um.

The supply air line is Green and the output from the Mac valve to the tag is Orange, that is what the drawings say. That might help find the valve.

Rich.

One more thing. I found a small filter to go on my valves. Can't recall what it is called but it was round about 1" long with 1/4 npt threads on one end. It looked like small brass beads compressed together.

Herman

Thanks all, yes there is 12 volts to the valve (solenoid looking) next to the tag down Pressure gauge, green air line in and orange aite line out. Will trace the orange to see where it goes.

Does the tag Axle go down properly? Enough to support some of the coach weight?

There could be an air leak at some point! should the air lines pass through the frame rail(s) look closely for any chaffing / ware to the line at that point and like Herman mentioned, check the MAC vent port for obstructions.

You mentioned that you had 12 volts to the Valve, have you checked the ground connection?

Rich.

Does the tag really pick up off the ground? I'm new to having a tag just bought a Tiffin with a tag and it says dump.

I've never gone back to see if it is off the ground I just figured it let off the air to help you make tight turns.

Harvey,

The tag axle can be raised and lowered. To change the load the axle is carrying, to being lifted off the road. When lifted off the road surface the drive tires have better traction and as you mentioned it helps make sharp turns with out the tires scuffing across the surface.

Rich.

Rich,

I'm thinking it may I'm sure going to check that out the next time I have the coach out of the barn. all the switch by the driver says is tag dump.

So I will check it out.