billybuk

Dometic RM1350 4 Door Refrigerator Cooling Fans Very Loud

Just took delivery of new Allegro Red 2012 July 9th, getting ready for first outing 5 days, started the refrigerator 26 hours ago and cycled the ice maker, during the daytime outside temp 84 inside motorhome 91 fridge cooled to 38 degrees and the fans came on with a loud almost whinning noise. Called dealer talked to repair tech, he said "that is normal". I can't believe that noise is normal. I call my friend who has a 4 door Dometic, he can't believe it either.

Is there something wrong with the fans? Anyone out there have any ideas?

Billybuk

Billybuk ! Welcome to FMCA.

Ditto to DD's thought and also check and see if the fans are mounted securely, like did they forget to tighten something.

It is a little tight behind some of the refrigerators so you might want to get an inspection mirror or even from the roof or upper vent as most fans are mounted high in the back of the refrigerator blowing upward. Most auto supply stores stock inspection mirrors.

Flashlight come in handy to.

Rich.

We just had the RM1350 installed last week in our Newmar Dutch Star. The whining noise of the fan is pretty loud on ours too. We now have a "E1" message flashing alternately with the temperature on the display. The unit functions well on both gas and electric so I am not sure why the message. I am calling the installer on Monday to see what is causing this problem.

Ted

E1 code means a hardware failure in the gas operation. First thing to do is make sure the propane line has no air in it.

Our 4 door Dometic refrigerator is about 7 months old and, yes, the fan is rather loud. We notice it mostly when it heats up outside and especially when the sun is bearing down on the side of our refrigerator. Our old Dometic was not loud like this.

In our experience, 38 degrees is not something to be alarmed about. When I am filling the fridge and have it open for several minutes, it will rise to 38. We do get concerned when it starts going over 40 but it has done that in extreme heat.