DonaldL

HWH Jacks Won't Lift Coach

I have a 98 Class A with Hwh 310 hydraulic jack system.

The jacks will go up and down to the ground OK, but wont lift the coach.

It seems to me to be a relief valve bypassing or weak pump(rare).

Anyone have any experience with this issue and how to fix ?

I have called HWH but they tell me it will be weeks before a tech can return my call - it has been 4 weeks now and still no call!

They won't even return call to a repair facility I took it to. This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I wonder if they are going out of business.

I would appreciate any help you can provide on either of these subjects.

Don

Don,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Do you have manual or automatic jacks-- what model?

Exactly what happens when you deploy the jacks? Does the jack motor run at normal RPM, but stop before truly leveled? Does the motor RPM drop? Other?

Brett

As I stated, they are HWH model 310 - manual.

The jacks will go down to the ground. As I try to lift one end of coach the motor will continue to run but coach won't rise any more.

The pitch of the motor seems to vary throughout the deployment.

Don

It is a Rexhall, Rexair model.

Judging from the small number of responses here, I assume this is an uncommon problem.

My problem now has become HWH. I have been waiting 5 weeks for a callback from tech service !

I decided to throw some parts at it - now I have been waiting 4 days for a call back from the HWH parts dept !

It appears that HWH has no interest in dealing with me. Customer service keeps telling me they are too busy to return my call!!

Does anyone have a way to get into HWH tech service or the parts dept without going thru Stephanie at the customer service desk ?

My resolution to that problem was to call a mobile service. He came out, called HWH, they responded (because he was a serviceman?) and we were able to resolve the problem. At $80 per hour.

Don, Do you have this repair manual for your system. There is a 50 lb. pressure valve in the system and if its malfunctioning, that could adversely affect the ability of the jacks to raise the coach.

http://www.hwh-europe.com/download/ml13514.pdf

Page 17 shows the wiring / Plumbing for the straight down jack system. If this the style you have.

This is the link to the different parts manuals.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/HWH_table_of_contents_3.html

Regarding getting parts from HWH, finding a service center or tech. might be the only answer.

Rich.

Customer service still sucks. I called yesterday and they took my name and number. Called again today and they took my name and number again. I said I wanted to talk to a manager or the company president. She put me on hold and then came back and said her supervisor will call me. This place is unbelievably sorry for service. All I need is the bolt kit for the jack pad base and the website does not show a part number so I have to talk to them to order it.