I am new to all this from the FMCA and the food truck business. I am planning to have the inspection on the food truck next week. I have a few questions ...

Are we supposed to keep the temperature for the refrigerator at 40F or less?

And, are we allowed to run the LP or gas for a generator when driving at least for the refrigerator to be kept at the right temperature? Or, can we turn them off when driving? I just want to do the right and legal thing.

Thanks.
Danielle

Danielle,

Welcome to FMCA. I don't quite understand your question, but if you are asking if it is legal to run a gas or LP generator while driving, then as far as I know it is legal if the generator is properly vented to run either while driving. Most of us do this while driving our motorhomes, for either the air conditioners or many other reasons. It is advisable to turn them off while refueling at any type of refueling station, and usually posted to do so.

You mentioned that you are planning an inspection of your food truck, I don"t know the laws concerning this kind of vehichle, so I would certainly ask someone who is associated with that industry, or possibly a call in advance to whomever is going to do the inspection.

Good luck, and Happy trails.
Kay

Its ok to run propane on the road as well as the generator. There may be a restriction for the propane in a tunnel but that is rare.

Thank you guys. It looks like I must have the generator running at least for the fridge and cooler to keep the temperature below 40F. Thank you for moving my question to this site.