jc21014

Power Seat Removal-2004 Dutch Star DP

On our 2004 Dutch Star DP, there is a corner section of square tile under the Flexsteel drivers power seat that has come
loose and is starting to curl.
I want to put a 1 1/2" metal seam binder frame around the floor where seat is mounted to repair and secure the tile to the
floor with small nails/screws. Since the seat will need to be removed for enough work space, what are the (4) large bolts that go through the seat base secured to.
Are they lag bolts that screw into the floor underlayment or perhaps threaded bolts that screw into a secured nut in the floor. I unloosened one of the bolts but it seemed to turn without appearing to retract from the floor.

Anyone with a schematic of the seat mounting or information on having had to remove their seat on a similiar coach would be appreciated. There doesn't seem to be any access underneath the coach that I could see.

To do that- removing the whole business is not necessary. Probably the reason for curl, is that it was never rolled after installation. Thus dirt has migrated under the edge of that tile. I would do this procedure: have at the ready: hair dryer, vacuum cleaner with crevice tool, flat blade screw driver, some contact cement, and small artist brush- that you can throw away.

With the hair dryer- heat the tile till you can pry it up with screwdriver. Vacuum under that. Apply contact cement to tile and floor. Let it dry. You can use the hair dryer on low. Touch the tile- if no contact transfers to your finger you are ready to install. Heat the tile on high so that the curl that incurred when you pried it will slowly fall down and with the flat blade screw driver, press the edges down. put some weight on it and leave it till it cools. enjoy

jc,

Those 4 bolts are secured to a plate under the coach floor and in most cases welded to the chassis.

Herman

That's what I most likely will find as Newmar usually has things put together correctly. The post by Erniee mentioned cleaning the area then softening the tile with a hair dryer and then trying to reapply the tile with contact cement. Most likely will try that first. :D

Had to see my friendly chiropractor after stepping off the curb in a "DUH" moment several days ago so will try after my back cooperates. :blink: