Sign in to follow this  
-Gramps-

08 Monaco Knight Main Slideout Seals

For anyone with an 08 Monaco Knight with the top main slideout seals coming loose check out this link.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24441768/print/true.cfm and this note from the manufacturer.

My name is Tom Dible and I am with Uni-Grip. The seals coming from us all have an automotive grade rust inhibitor in the formula for the steel we use for the spring steel clip. The problem lies when the RV manufacturer cuts the length of seal from the bulk packaging, at this point they have exposed an untreated surface where the corrosion will begin. We recommend all manufacturers to caulk the edges of the seal after it has been installed to prevent water from entering the area but very few follow our guidelines.

SacsTC, we still have the seal you're looking for. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need help identifying the part, I can be reached at tdible@uni-grip.com

I recently removed the slide out seal depicted above for replacement on our Monaco Knight. The seal clips had rusted and the seal would not stay in place. The seal is very difficult to install. Does anyone know of a special tool or certain method which makes installation easier?

Gary

Gary,

Could you post a picture or two of the area you are working in for the group?

The top seal can be tough if your topper is installed, and the pictures might inspire some creativity.

Rich.

Rich,

The main slide on the driver side topper canvas is removed. I have complete access to install the seal on both sides and on the top. The gasket is one continous length, approximately 30 feet. I can start the seal but the clips on the gasket are tight and I don't want to spread them. I was wondering if their is a special tool or trick to install.

I can't post pic at this time.

Gary

Gary,

Try to use a solution of soap and water to lubricate the gasket. That will allow then to slide on easier.

Windex might work, just need something to make things slippery. Let me know how that works for you!

The solution will dry out and seal will then stick in place.

Making a tool is an option, but I do not know your skill levels and tools you might have to work with.

Rich.