Sign in to follow this  
cincybuckeye

FMCA Newbie

Greetings from Cincinnati, Ohio!

My wife and I (Mark and Kathy) are new FMCA members as well as new motorhome owners, fulfilling a lifelong dream (of mine, at least...but she's getting there). After some careful research and endless shopping trips, we're the proud owners of a new Winnebago Adventurer 38Q.

Looking forward to interacting with other members both here and out in the "wilds."

post-33772-0-70346100-1375887549_thumb.j

Welcome to the world of RV'ing! You are in for a steep learning curve as you get to know your new unit and learn to operate all its systems. Read your owners manual before you start, then after a little experience read the manual again. The information in the manual will mean a lot more after you have had a chance to operate your motor home for a few trips. Reading the manual will save you much heartache in the long run. That's my bit of old timer advice!

You are about to discover one of the most amazing ways of traveling. Like a turtle, your home is with you when you travel. You will have one of the best views on the road as you drive to your destination. When you arrive at your destination you will have your house set up and be enjoying the surroundings in no time.

Have a great time!

Read the manual like you were preparing for a school test. So as Tom stated, read it and read it again, then maybe again. You seriously don't have to memorize everything in it but it is nice to know that what info you are looking for is contained in the manual.

Winnebago has on-line manuals in sectional form, like maybe one on plumbing and one on electrical and so forth. Download them as it is much easier to search for information than thumbing through pages. Besides, it gives purpose to the computer.

Welcome and please enjoy the trip, and the destination when you get there.

Happy trails.

Cool, welcome aboard. We just finished our first year of MH ownership and 9000miles of travel. The manuals are making sense now...sometimes. We got a one year old model last July. Happy motoring.