Sign in to follow this  
huffypuff

Michelin Tire Size Hard To Get

I ordered Michelin tires for my coach on July 30, size 275/70R22.5 load range J. I heard today that they might come in on the 12th to the dealer. Is this tire size tire hard to get, or does it have something to do with the advantage program? I hate to have a blowout and be stranded for two week for hard to get tire.

I had a similar issue with a different size. They where not in stock at the location I was in and the other branches where out of the size also. They had an order arriving in 7 to 10 days. Just the way the load of tires was scheduled to arrive.

Shipping tires between outlets is common, but shipments from the warehouse are not just to one dealer, but a number of them to off set the cost.

The tires could have been shipped, over night, 2 days what ever, but I would have had to pay the extra shipping.

The same goes for any item one orders on line or from a store. They can get the items in most cases, but the buyer will need to pay for the shipping.

The large tires are not stocked in large numbers, because of the amount of money tied up by the store and the rather limited number of buyers.

Rich.

I ordered mine from Tire Rack (they were sent directly to an installing dealer). Tire Rack asked if I wanted express shipping; I said standard would be OK. Tires arrived at dealer the next day (we are in the same state as a Tire Rack distribution center).

Tire Rack has agreements with a number of tire dealers across the country. The local tire dealer will accept shipment from Tire Rack and install the tires on your rig for a service fee. My local Michelin dealer suggested I buy the tires from Tire Rack instead of having him order them for me.

I just today bought two Michelin 275/70/r22.5 XA2 Energy tires through the FMCA program at Tci Tire Center in Tucson. I called ahead and they had 6 in stock. They sell a lot of them. They got me in and out of the place with the new tires in less than an hour. It took me more time than that to have the oil changed in my Honda at the shop. Tires were dated 11th week of 2013. I couldn't be happier with the FMCA Michelin Advantage program.

I got a phone call this morning that they came in. Would of gone in to get them on but the truck bay was full of tires that just got dropped off. First thing tomorrow morning I will get them put on. Afterwards I be going to the alignment shop to check alignment.

I got the tires today then went at a frame and chassis shop and got it aligned. Toe was all it needed and now drives like a dream. Next I need tire pressure monitor system.

Don't forget to have the valves, or at least the rubber grommets and O-rings replaced whenever you have a new tire installed. Rubber parts of valves age just like tires do. A good tire dealer that services trucks all the time should do the job properly and ensure the valve is installed with the correct torque.

Just put my coach in the shop for oil change, shop found some damage to front tire , need to change both They are Michelin AZA3 16 Ply H rated 275 80 22.5.

What is the procedure to get the FMCA discount plan, I live in the Baton Rouge, La area, do I call tire dealers, will my FMCA membership apply for discount.

I finally gave up on Michelin via TCi in Fort Worth. The first batch that came in was over a year old. Then, my second order was simply forgotten. On the third stab, I was gratified to hear six tires which were six months old were being shipped.

Then, the salesman added that the spin-balancing machine was out of order and "probably" be replaced by one from a failing store in a month or two...

So, I'm calling around to locate a set of new Hankooks for my tag and drive axles. Thankfully, two new Michelins grace the steering axle.

Andy, have friend that has run Hankooks on his DP for the last 3 years and makes a long run from ID. to TX. and around the North west and has been happy with the way they handle the different conditions.

Think the A12 series.

Rich.

OK I got the steer axle installed and wheel alignment. What a different it made and will soon get 4 more for the rear. The tires cost 495.71 each before taxes from Michelin and I paid labor for new valves and balance to the dealer. I will have the rears replaced before the trip to the east coast this coming Christmas season.

Something to consider if you have a hard to find size. You might consider keeping an old worn tire, unmounted, in a storage bay if you have one large enough. You can still pack a lot of "stuff" inside the tire and if you ever have a tire failure this spare would give you something that would at least get you off the road while you wait for a new tire.

Here is my video on the topic.

OK, finally ponyed up the money and got the 4 on the rear replaced also. Again had to wait two weeks to get them in stock. Rides very nice and I feel safer now. East coast trip is in planing stage now where misses wants to go.

When we need new tires a couple years ago (before the Advantage program) the local truck tire distributor had the 275/70's in stock but not not the 305/70's I needed on the front. Took them a couple months to get them in as they were out of stock in every Michelin distribution center in the US. Had to wait for product to come in from overseas.