seajaycecil@yahoo.com

Are You A Veteran?

Welcome Jack!  Thanks for your service.  A lot can be said for doing a military stretch right out of high school.  I know it fixed my bad attitude in a hurry!

Welcome to the Forum Holligan. :D

I smiled when I saw you went from a 3rd Class Electricians Mate to a foot surgeon. Now that is a "wide step" (sic) Pun intended. Retired yet?

Thanks you for your service.

Herman

One:  Deryl Wright

Two: USAF

Three:  4 years, Sep 71-Aug 75

Four: Staff Sgt

Five: SAC/Combat Support, USAFSS/Intel

Malmstrom AFB, MT, OSAN AB, South Korea (Skivvy Nine)

Name Jack Schmitz

Branch Navy (Seabees)

Served Vietnam, Nha Trang, Chu Li, Da Nang, Cam Bay

Years 1967 - 1970

MOS Builder 3rd class Did mostly repair service for Army & Marines. We did build housing unit for the officers & family members of the Vietnamese

Also had a tour of duty in Kodiak Alaska, Virginia, California for "A " school

To all Vets.  POTUS Trump signed the Bill today.  So now, we who need the VA Hospitals, can pick any Hospital we want, and not wait in line any more!!!

Thank You, President Trump! :wub:

Erniee.

You where very lucky!  Those where not good years in Nam.

Thank you for the signed, blank check!

Carl

Ernie, did that, done that in VN and you didn't miss a thing.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I kept my head and A** down and came out without the PH. Happy for that.

Thank you for your service.

6 hours ago, Erniee said:

Bill- I was a computer operator at Reese AFB, Lubbock, Tx for my entire length of service.

Great, you realey appreciate how computers have changed over the years.:D

Bill

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Great, you realey appreciate how computers have changed over the years.:D

Bill

yea- they don't make the horrendous noise they use to, now

In 1970s we had a big room with I don't remember how many IBM large reel to reel units. I had 13 Ladies that worked the inventory and payroll etc.

Men would pull their hair out.

our small laptops now have more computing power, does anyone use it, than that room full of hardware. Next time maybe just a small hundred or two dollar laptop. All we do  is link up with others or play games on these things isn't it?

My 16 year old 1.6 gig HP 32 sets next to this one with keyboard stuck( spaghetti or something) or I would use it. Windows 7 is faster too.

Ernie and Jack, welcome home!  If you don't display the VN campaign ribbon on the back of your RV you should find one and put it on.  I have displayed one on my Harley windscreen and the back of my RV now for awhile.  You will be shocked at how many vets will stop by and shake your hand and have a chat.  

22 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Ernie, did that, done that in VN and you didn't miss a thing.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I kept my head and A** down and came out without the PH. Happy for that.

Thank you for your service.

Like you, I kept my head and A** down, but still came out with a PH.  My first tour was in the artillery, but my helicopter tour made it hard to keep my head down.  But as luck would have it, I still got the PH during my first tour.:D

Chi Lia and Marble Mountain Vietnam U.S. Army  1971 - 1972.  Served with 178th ASHC ( assault support helicopter company ) MOS 67U20 CH47 helicopter repairman.  

On 4/8/2018 at 11:24 AM, huffypuff said:

Chi Lia and Marble Mountain Vietnam U.S. Army  1971 - 1972.  Served with 178th ASHC ( assault support helicopter company ) MOS 67U20 CH47 helicopter repairman.  

178th were the Box Cars if my ancient memory is correct.  After a ground tour with the 25th ID, I went to flight school, Chinook transition and back to VN, where I spent a year with the 213th ASHC (Black Cats) in Phu Loi, Sep 70 to Sep 71.  We had 16 CH 47C models....and one little OH 58.