doc1650

Problems With 2009 Monaco Caymen

I purchased a 2009 Monaco Caymen from camping World RV in Syracuse NY. We took ownership last October. We took one trip and found a laundry list of things wrong with the coach. We brought the coach back and were promised all of our issues would be taken care of.

After dropping the coach off at the end of October, the coach spent the next 3-1/2 months in the shop. After the coach was delivered back to us, we we're still having some problems, most of witch I'll now fix myself. The major problem we have now is that we purchased our coach before Monaco went bankrupt; hence, we have a new motorhome without a warranty.

The major problem that we would like to have fixed is the fuel gauge swings around. The only time the gauge stays still is when the fuel tank has been topped off. The gauge will swing from about three-fourths of a tank to empty while climbing or descending a hill. It gets annoying when your traveling along and you know you should have enough fuel but you have the low fuel alarm going off.

Our dealer supposedly worked on the problem and they now are saying this is normal. We're also still missing a stove cover that was damaged when we took ownership that we now can't get replaced.

Any help would be appreciated as calls to our dealer and the Monaco tecnical assistance department falla on deaf ears. My suggestion to future RV buyers is to not buy a Monaco, and with my experience with my dealer, I would not buy from that dealer again.

I can sure understand your pain.

We went through it also with a new Rexhall rexair we bought in the middle summer of 2004. it spent most of the first two years in the Local warranty shop and then off and on since. we had 145 warranty repairs made.

We have other problems now but the company is in bankruptcy also so I guess it is a do it your self projects.

I had problems that required return to the factory and I refused to pay the cost for the return. they sent a driver that obviously had never driven a large class A motorhome and after fueling it up he swing out from the fuel pump and consequently drug the entire side against the concrete pillar that protects the pumps from drivers like him.

We then attempted to have it filed under the lemon law and I hired the best attorney for the job in California, however they finally decided Rexhall would be broke and out of business before the appeals were exhausted which could take 2 years and so they wouldn't proceed with the case on a contingency. they were right.

Now we are advised the coach is under recall and unsafe to drive becacuse the brakes are failing on 49,000 workhorse chasses. I don't know when it will be safe to drive again. We just cancelled our vacation of 2500 miles roundtrip to my 59 year class reunion. (maybe it is time to go back to tenting:)

I hope your problems are easiesr resolved then mine are.

First off, the new Monaco is not the Monaco that built your coach or mine. I have been doing my own warranty work for many months. But neither of us should let the problems with the now nonexistant bankrupt Monaco stop us or anyone else from considering a coach built by the New Navistar/Monaco. I personally would try a different dealer and see if they can help you. The Roadmaster Fuel gauge should be fixable.

Hello Monaco owner-owners,

I'm the owner of a 2005 Monaco Dynasty 42' coach. I have put in the last two years well over $10,000 in redoing what they manufactured. What I can't figure out is why they don’t complete a quality check on all the units that go out the door. For the amount of money spent on these units, they should have this in place. My under standing is the quality started going down hill in 2003 with lay offs and retraining and has increased since. You can pretty much sum up why they had to do what they did, this being said not just the economy has played a role in this, but the poor workmanship in manufacturing in having to redo or replace. I find it to bad, because people like are self’s spend a great deal of money to own a motor coach, which should have been built better. I’ve seen these units go right to a dealer and they pass the buck on to the dealer to adjust, repair, replace and the list goes on. If I knew then, what I know now and if it wasn’t for my mechanical experience I have, I would have never purchased this. This for me, was to spend more quality time with my family away from my business traveling together. Don’t get me wrong I have enjoyed it and have completed a lot of custom work to make it my own. I’m just sick of the consient repair work every time, basically its a money pit and I have to pay the price for someone who didn’t care.

Basiclly i'm very sorry to see your issues just getting started, I don't want to come out so negative but people need to know.

when Navistar made this purchase, they better wipe clean the bad issue that are out there.

We have just bought a 2009 Monaco coach, the dealership that sold us the coach bought us a one year warranty, This can be bought within the first year and can be for a total of five years. We are not at home now but will be home in a few days where I can get you the info on this Co. The price seemed right and I probably will extent the warranty for the balance of the four years. You can email me at smosher@precisemachining.com and will be happy to share this info.The coach is only the part that is covered All of the other is warranted buy their own TV's, Engine, Microwave,etc are not covered. If you have trouble with the electric's trouble shooting at over$110 an hour does get expensive. it also covers roadside coverage.