eshantry

Wire Diagram For Ford F53 Chassis

Do to a improperly wired brake controller I now have one wire from the brake light switch that is burned it can not be identified.

This wire must be replaced so I must find it's origin will need a wiring diagram.

Eshantry

Eshantry,

Welcome to FMCA !

Could you post the year of your chassis for the group ?

I will see what information I can find and how close I can come to the year.

Rich.

Eshantry, Thanks for the info.

I have not found a free down load for the chassis to this point.

This link will allow you to contact Ford to get the chassis wiring drawings directly from them.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q118.pdf

I did forget to ask if the damaged wire is in the cab area, or somewhere else? and the model and make of the brake controller.

You mentioned that the wire was burned, that would lead me to consider it being the 12 volt supply wire and the added load for the controller over heated that wire. To small a gauge wire. What is the color of the wire beyond the damaged area?

So look at area for the other portion of the wire, Like a melted crimp connector. Using a meter look for a 12 volt source.

Should you have the installation guide or even the operators manual, look and see what it, or they might offer in the way of wiring information.

You could post the make and model of the brake controller for the group. Then I or others might be able to get enough information to track down some additional information. Regarding where to connection was made.

Rich.

Thanks for the down load. The wire burned from the brake light down toward the floor in the cab. The controller is a Tekonsha Voyager 9030 wiring instructions call for a black wire from the control to go to the battery with the red to stop light white to ground blue to trailer. But I do not think the installer read the supplemental instructions for Fords 1998 to 2005 if the red is connected to the red stop light wire when the Manual Control is actuated it will cause a short to ground . This is what happened . Now I need to replace burned wire the stop light switch and the controller. Of coarse the installer said this never happened before but the red wire was not hooked to the light green . Hope this helps thanks for the input.

Eshantry