Sign in to follow this  
PBARNISH

Towing Traverse

I have pulled a 2001 Acura MDX that weighs 4,300 for 30, 000 miles over the Rockies 3 times and have no problem with my 2011 F53 chassis. Be sure to add supplemental braking to your tow.

These two comments related to the Traverse are from the FMCA Towable Guide that appeared in the January issue of Family Motor Coaching.

5. To prevent the battery from draining while the vehicle is being towed, remove the 15-amp EC M fuse and the 15-amp OnStar fuse in the battery compartment behind

the passenger seat on the floor. Also remove the 50-amp BATT1 fuse from the under the hood fuse block.

6. The vehicle should be run at the beginning of each day and at each RV fuel stop for about five minutes. Reinstall the fuses to start the vehicle.

The towing guide also shows that it is a fairly heavy toad-- 4713 pounds for the two wheel drive version and 4956 for the all wheel drive version.

We purchased a 2012 Acadia AWD in June of 2013 and are towing it behind our diesel pusher. So far we have only towed the Acadia approximately 900 miles and have not had any issues. I am towing four wheels down and am following the owners manual guidelines.

I have pulled a 2001 Acura MDX that weighs 4,300 for 30, 000 miles over the Rockies 3 times and have no problem with my 2011 F53 chassis. Be sure to add supplemental braking to your tow.