DennisJ

Allison Transmission

I have a 2004 Fleetwood Discover. The transmision can not go into neutral, so it has the ignition locked out, will not start. Trany is a 3000MH had no problem until now. was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thx for any help. Bro. Denny

Danny,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Do other things that only work with the ignition on still work (like dash HVAC fan)?

If no, the ignition solenoid is a likely suspect.

If other things work, check BOTH fuses to the Allison ECU.

Does the Allison shift pad light up? If so, have you used the up/down arrows to check for diagnostic codes? It is easy to do from the driver's seat with no tools and is well described in your Allison owners manual. If that is not available, also on Allison's website or we can give instructions.

Everything works fine. As soon as I turn on key, the jacks come up as if the unit is in drive. I pulled the fuses to the ACM and it reset. I have driven to a camp ground now and the check trany light came on. I can get D and R but soon as I turned of unit I can now not get it to restart.. Trouble code says I have lost power between pad and trany.

Thanks for any help!

The pad lights up everything seems to work fine except I have the trouble sign in the display not the N for neutral. No neutral the engine will not start. At my wits end hate to have it towed.

I got a code 23 which means I have lost signal between pad and trany. I have checked all the connections I can find, even taken the plugs out of control box and replugged to see if there was a bad connection. I thought there may have been someone who may have had the same problem. I can get D to come up and R but no neutral.

Thx for follow up.

Fault code is 2312 which is primary shift selector fault. Now what that means I do not know. I have a background in mech and electrical but this has me going. I am retired and use the unit as a Disaster Relief Chaplain and for helping small churches that are in need of support.

Only two things I know of that an owner can do is verify that you have 12 or more volts to each of the two Allison 12 VDC positives, a good ground and that both shift pad to wire gang plug and both gang plugs on the ECU are removed, checked carefully for pins straight and tight and reconnect.

Brett

My panel shows good voltage in both sets of batteries, I will get my VTM and check at each of the fuse pins.

THX for your help, just getting frustrated.

Bro. Denny

Denny, been drilling into the internet for some information.

With the problem being more of an intermittent item. You might try this info copied from a web post.

I decided to check it out and when I pulled the tranny ECU and disconnected the J1B and J1A plugs I found a slight bit of moisture and some oxidation in J1B (the plug which has the TPS inputs). I cleaned everything up and finished off with Electrical Contact Cleaner and dielectric grease.

This is one answer to the same fault code you have. When the control modules do not talk to each other ( A little like me when I do not hear exactly what DW said) things can go south real fast. LOL. It is one of the less expensive things you can do.

Just wonder with your helping in disaster areas if you have been in a real wet area recently.

Rich.

I have not had the opportunity to take this rig to any sight yet, Praise the Lord, but I like the capability of being self contained and not putting any burden on the area we wish to serve. In 1993 my family lost everything in the Mississippi River flood, South of St. Louis and I became determined to pay back what had been done for me, my wife and four children.

I have pulled each connector apart and they look fine. I do agree that the cleaner does not cost much so I will try that tomorrow.

Thanks for your help and God bless,

Bro. Bro. Denny