Monkeyrun

Washer Woes

I am an old tent camper who just took the leap into a 1999 Allegro BUS 39. Learning the systems has not been as difficult as I thought they would be since many tend to mirror what I have had on a couple of boats in the past. Still, there are some things I truly can't figure out, one being this washer/dryer combo.

I read the book, started it as instructed and it appeared to work fine. However, after the wash cycle is completed it begins to fill again rather than either going on to the dry cycle or stopping all together.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? I was running it off an extension cord 15 amp breaker from my home, not with the 30 or 50 amp shore power cord. Sorry I don't have the brand name the coach is at a service center now having a servicing from front to back.

Best regards and thank you!

Are you sure it's refilling with water? When our combo machine completes the wash cycle it sounds like it's refilling with water, but it's really not and is in fact moving to the dry cycle. Otherwise, if you are certain the wash cycle is complete have you tried turning it off and then back on, specifically to the dry cycle of your choice? B)

Yes I can see it filling with water. It requires me to drain the water and then I can manually go to the dry cycle, however, I did not notice any heat when drying. Ultimately, I ended up unplugging it as it won't turn off, it continues to run through the cycles.

Check where the vent is connected to the back of the washer you may have to take that part off the washer.

Ours was full of lint cleaned it out now it works perfect. I use 1 tablespoon vinegar in my rinse instead of softener

I also run one cycle with hot water and 1 cup of vinegar once a month cleans it out.

My son pulled it out and cleaned the vent and the floor beneath, I have not tried it since as was trying to fix other things. Once I get it back from the shop I will try again but does not explain the cycle not stopping when the wash is completed. Will do the vinegar too, I use that in my home machine as well. Great advise for everyone.

If your washer/dryer is a Splendide, it has a computer control board. I've had ours replaced by CW once and a couple of years later I did the job again myself. Since then, it has been working well. If you can't find anything else, call Splendide's dealer in the US, Westland Sales in Oregon, 800-356-0766. I found their technical support to be excellent. They supplied a new board and new connectors (not free!). It turns out CW hadn't replaced the connectors which caused the board fail again after just a few years. The 110 V feed to the control board can overheat if the connection is weak or corroded.

I changed the surge protector and the control board on mine and it has been working great. I also think you should check the vent hose at least annually or before going on a long trip where it will be used often. I found twigs where a bird had started to build a nest. Perhaps a cover or plug would work when not in use.

Bill