Sign in to follow this  
phishphair

No Turn/Stop Response At 7 Pin Plug

I am not getting a response on the left-right and brake contacts on my 7 pin rear plug of coach. If I check the power i.e. the ground to the battery charge pin (upper right facing the male plug) I get constant power.

This suggests the ground is good.

Is there a fuse somewhere that is between the main power and the plug?

I have brake and turn signals on the coach.

Thanx

You didn't say what coach or chassis you have, but if it is Freightliner, there is a fuse block near the rear of the coach, usually in the storage bin just behind the rear wheels. You may find two blocks. If you do, the other one is for the transmission.

phishphair, Welcome to FMCA !

As mentioned in the above post. The Make, Model, Chassis and Year of the coach makes a difference in the way they are wired, even using the same chassis.

Post that information for the group when you get time.

Rich.

The model you have will have a fuse / relay box located on the passenger side, generally just behind the rear axle. Look in the first pod behind the axle.

There is often a panel covering it, not right out in plane sight.

It contains fuses and relays that power the 7 pin socket. Left, Right turn signal, marker light power and brake lights are common.

They can very from year to year.

Gray cover has to be removed to see the fuses and relays that is installed by the chassis manufacture, but the coach builder moves them around depending on the coach model.

There is a good chance that you have no documentation with the paperwork on the coach.

One can call Spartan to get the location if all else fails.

Hope this puts you into the correct general area.

Rich.

Rich

Thanks so much I found it and sure enough bad fuses. In this case Mr. Tiffin moved the box to the drivers side in the electrical bay.

Cheers and thanks

Harlow Landphair (phishphair)