Sign in to follow this  
gmoreno

Want To Sell My Motorhome Part II

Anyone have any good suggestions on best place to market my RV?

I've done craiglist (Boston area) and an ad will run in the November issue of FMCA. What about RV Trader or any other sources? I've phoned a few companies that claim they will purchase your RV, but frankly, they are "scalpers."

I've got a website I created, so photos of the rig viewable.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Rob

Thanks. Need to drive the rig down to PPL. Won't give me an answer of the phone. Claim they want to conduct a thorough inspection just to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. Can't blame them, but hate to make the haul down there (from Boston) only to tell me they will give me a nickel on the dollar.

Let me frame my question in another way....

Where would you look to buy an rv? What sources - other than dealer - would you consider?

Thanks,

Rob

I tried several forum classifieds, craigslist & a few other locations, but none of them worked for me. I finally used RVT.com and sold my motorhome in two weeks, with multiple buyer inquires. I had 145 pictures of the motorhome and did a detailed description of the motorhome. Had my first inquiry within days after posting on RVT.com. I ended up selling for my asking price, with a back up buyer standing by if the deal fell through. I liked that I did not receive the typical scam or bottom feeders you get with craigslist or ebay. I did my sale in May of this year.

Escapees RV Club forum also has a RVs for sale category in their forum.

I have to agree on Craig's List problems. Ever since I listed some items there I'm getting many emails per day from these "bottom feeders" wanting to meet. I've never had that problem with eBay.

Thanks fellas!

If my rig doesn't sell, I may have to see about renting it out.

Anyone have feedback on rental?

Rob