TrekerJack

Battery Access/Removal? - '00 Roadtrek 200 Pop

Hi Everyone!

I'm a relative newbie and have had my Roadtrek for just a year. I'm trying to figure out how to access and/or remove the coach battery. I want to get a multimeter on it but can only access one post from underneath. It is located between the generator and the rear bumper on the driver's side. It looks like it is fastened to the battery shelf with only one screw going thru the shelf from below into a small clamping bar that grabs onto a "foot" on the battery. Problem - It looks like the pipe leading from the LP tank to the fill nozzle behind the license plate is in the way. There is a label on the back of the shelf, visible below the bumper, that says "remove panel to access battery" but I can't see anyway to remove it!

I would really appreciate any help you can give. This is the classic case of one project leading to another. I want to test the battery as the first step in solving my bigger relay / control panel / can't disconnect the battery problem.

Thanks!

John

I had a 2003 Versatile on a Dodge chassis. The coach batteries (2) were accessed from the rear drivers side under the bed. If you pull back the carpet, you will see the access door.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thanks Tom. My 2000 Popular 200 on Chevy chassis sounds quite a bit different. My bat. sits underneath the rig, below a through storage compartment that runs the entire width of the vehicle, so no access from under the bed.

I did get the bat. out however. Had to remove 2 hose clamps to move the gas line out of the way, disconnect the cables by feel and with the help of a mirror, then slide the bat off the shelf (all on my back of coarse). A lot of work just to test the battery! Still don't understand the label saying remove this panel. It's riveted in place. A cruel joke by Roadtrek I guess. Anyway the bat. tested good so I've eliminated that as part of my bigger problem.

John