Sign in to follow this  
Jaimepoulin1

Need an RV Park in Central Maine For October And Part Of November

Hi Everyone!

I posted a while back, Michelle and I are getting ready to full time it around the country for the next few months or few decades, whichever works out best!

Our challenge is that we will not be ready to leave until around the 5th of November. All of the local campgrounds in the area post that they shut down on the 13th of October or thereabouts.....

Has anyone had any success asking a park to let them stay past "closing" time?

We do have a couple of other options, a couple of friends with electrical hook ups at bare minimum but do not want to be a bother.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Jaime

Jaime,

Trying to think of options!

Could you get a sight at one of the summer RV resorts / Snow season ski resorts that has a RV site you could use for the coach, winterize the coach so things would not freeze and use one of there cabins as a base camp until its time to head south?

Not a lot of snow yet in November and they might be glad to have a guest before the snow season gets going.

Think there are a few in the state, just not familiar with location(s)

Rich.

Good Morning Jamie:

I live about 30 miles NW of Bangor, ME. You mignt try Holden Family Campground in Holden ME, they are also an RV dealer and have a RV store. They are located on US1A just south of Bangor, ME in what is known as centrel Maine. their number is 207-989-0529.

Good Luck

Norm

Thanks for the help guys.

I think we will be ok......gonna push up the move time a little and float on outta here!!! Should be able to leave by the 25th of October potentially.....will only need to hook up for a couple of weeks......

Should be all set....

As always, I appreciate the help.