Sign in to follow this  
David1949

Hydraulic Precautions

My question & concern is the danger of doing harm to my Hydraulic Leveling system if I leave my Class A jacked up for a long period of time on the leveling system. Will it do any damage to the hydraulic system?

David,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

You will hear answers on both sides of that one.

Personally, for more than a decade, while in storage, I have used the HWH jacks to relieve about half the weight from the suspension. Never a problem.

If stored outdoors, I would put something under them so they are not in direct contact with the ground and would wipe the cylinders down before retracting if they got dirty.

These jacks are simply a one way cylinder. Many forms of farm and construction equipment sit for many months with cylinders extended, some with weight some not.

Does no damage in my opinion,but as Brett said others are almost sure to disagree.

Dave

Keeping the Levelers down will save a lot of wear and tear on your tires and suspension system. Just make sure to clean the shiny part before retracting them in spring. :unsure:

If jacks are down for a long period of time then clean them off with a rag with ATF or if you can not crawl well spray generously with silicone spray and then you should have no issues

These jacks are simply a one way cylinder. Many forms of farm and construction equipment sit for many months with cylinders extended, some with weight some not.

Does no damage in my opinion,but as Brett said others are almost sure to disagree.

Dave

Clyinders extended on a loader bucket etc are not the same as Cylinders extended under a motorhome so hard to compare however I have sat for 5 months with jacks extended and no problems.The only problem I see is if in storage and one leak's down and you don't catch it in time you can do wall and cabinet damage etc and possible windshield problems.