Sign in to follow this  
BJBuzz

Extented Warranty Policies

I have a new Class A motor home and I am trying to find the best Insurance plan.

I have quotes from the following: Good Sams, ProTec, USA Trave care; AGWS, and XTraride.

Prices for 50000/60000 miles from $3871 to $7090.

All info seems to state almost all the same.

Who has experience with which company performs the best?

In 2010, I paid about $1,800 for a 5 year 55k mile extended warranty through the dealer - Easy Care. My rig too was new. However, My unit is more of an entry level Class A which might explain the lower price tag when compared to your price tag.

Anyone have problem with Star Interstate Warranty ( Diamond). Purchased this and my Class A Motorhome. Step began to retract slowly then eventually would not go in without coaxing. The RV Dealer stated a Bushing Issue caused by some Pin eventually stripped threads and the step proceeded to get worse with use. After calling for an Authorization, the Star Interstate RV Warranty said they would not pay for it because a Bushing (FELL out) , Excuse me... So is it my fault it FELL out. I am contacting my Attorney after authorizing the RV Dealer to repair at my cost while I fight it. I AM Fighting it!!!, Has anyone had this kind of problem with the Warranty that seemed SO popular. They were actually rude on the phone even after WE Offered to send them the Old step to verify the situation.... BTW I have a 2010 Forest River Mirada Class A.

Xtra-ride is what we got and we used it twice in the year we had it with no problem. They fixed a broken slide when we were in Alaska last summer and the tach in the spring.

BJBuzz,

Welcome to the forum congratulations on your new coach. I would take that $6000 and put it in a savings account. You have a new coach and you have a warranty I would defiantly get Coach Net in case you have a flat or need a tow.

http://www.coach-net.com/

I did not by an extended /add on warranty. I would be considered the perfect person to sell one to as my coach is used and had no warranty. The reason is I read several and the disclaimers were such that they could deny nearly any thing. The deductibles were also high. I decided to self insure. So far I have had 1 claim against my self for a convection micro wave. I changed it out for $460.00. I have read several plans where the deductible was more than that.

Bill

I too am looking for an extended warranty plan. I've attended a FMCA seminar in Perry, GA this year where Wholesale Warranties presented their plan. I've received a quote from them, but it seems high. I'm now looking into United States Warranty Corporation's policy, which appears to be written as "inclusive" coverage, rather than "not inclusive or excluding coverage". I'm dealing with Camping World on repairs to my coach now under my existing policy and am not sure whether or not to pursue Good Sam's coverage. Any recommendations?

To All Disgruntled/Dissatisfied ACC Customers:

Today, 9/2/2014, I called Mark Snodgrass at the Indiana Attorney General's office regarding our ability to be part of their case against ACC Warranty. Per Mr. Snodgrass, they filed the lawsuit against ACC Warranty 1.5-2 weeks ago. However, due to so many people contacting the Indiana Attorney General's office since they filed the suit, Mr. Snodgrass said they will be amending the lawsuit to incorporate more people's claims. Therefore, you need to call Mr. Snodgrass, 317-234-6784, ASAP if you want to be part of this lawsuit.

For those of you who are looking for an extended warranty, stay far away from ACC Warranty Group, Indianapolis, IN. Here are some web sites that will provide you reasons why you should NOT purchase from ACC Warranty/Steve Burgess:

​You can also search FMCA for comments on ACC plus search http://www.irv2.com/forums/ for additional comments.

I had Good Sam until I had a claim. They refused payment on shipping cost for parts to a dealer for the covered repair. It was only a $150 but not discussed in the ads not the contract. Switched to Wholesale Warranties, smaller deductible and much better price. Checked them out prior to signing up and liked the research.

It's not unusual for a warranty to refuse to pay shipping charges. If they did pay the charge who to say that all parts will have shipping charges tacked on to it. They have to draw the line somewhere.