Guest Wayne77590

My Wife Fixed Breakfast This Morning

Guest Wayne77590

I thought I would share it with you. This is really her doing. I'm in the process of loosing weight for knee surgery and this is her way of contributing. I definitely will not turn it down.

S5030745.jpg

Mango, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, and blueberries. And she said she added a touch of Paula Deen - a sprig of mint.

Sorry to say-that breakfast would not suit me. Don't like fruit except in pies. A good friend of ours usually makes me a bunch of rhubarb pies every year. Delicious!! Any rhubarb in Texas?

Guest Wayne77590

OOOh! I like that Joe.

I'm not sure if I get get her to do it for breakfast, but Noon is somewhere.

Best of luck on your knee surgery Wayne. Tonight I will talk to the BIG BOSS and ask that he may guide the hand of the doctor and keep you safe.

NOW ABOUT THE WEIGHT LOSS THINGIE. How can I put this delicate enough that they will print it on a forum. (scratching head and thinking)

First of all....... If you have a Marine, he is usually full of ......... (oops I cant write that).......... (thinking again).........

To help a Marine lose weight simply unscrew his head and take a long spoon and ''dip out'' ...... (naah ,,,, cant use this either)

In consideration of others on this forum and their ''delicate nature'' I shall simply encourage Wayne the Marine to stick with his breakfast routine and lose the weight according to the diet that Earline has regimented for him. It is my hope and prayer that he comes thru this in flying colors and in true Marine fashion and that he will be made whole and healthy again. (of course he will still be ugly but two out of three aint bad)

BE SAFE MY MARINE FRIEND.........

Seajay the sailor man ....

Guest Wayne77590

Naw! I'm on my own.

Cereal looks good. Easy to fix.

English muffin or a piece of toast works also.

Laugh if you will, I've lost on average 3-4 pounds a month over the last three by eating fruit about 5 mornings a week for breakfast. As one who is on the precipice of being a Type 2 diabetic, it was a good idea to lose weight, and I continue to do so, having lost about 20 ponds since the start of '09. I've really come to like the idea of fresh fruit in the morning, and we can usually find it on the road. No Wayne, not literally, as the USMC does, but figuratively. Road kill isn't in our menu.

Anyway, are you having your knee replaced or just reworked? Carol had hers replaced about three years ago, and she's really happy with the results. She still can't play the violin though!

Good luck with your surgery...put a BIG "cut here" sign for the doc, and pray that he or she was in the Navy and not one of the others (read Army or USAF). Do your rehab religiously aznd you'll feel like a new man, though you'll still be a Marine.....can't cut that out of ya, I understand.

Be well and best of luck...prayers for you.

Doc Mike

hi all

compelete knee replacement.

I've been there, done that, ( 1 june). I am still in rehab, the first week its going to hurt like h--l, do the pt and more. strech that knee as much as you can, take the drugs on time don't try to be a hero, the drugs let you do the pt. if you don't do the pt you will be back to the operating table very soon. Good luck and god bless.

JIM MOORE

Guest Wayne77590

Thanks y'all. I have a good friend, just happens to be a veterinarian, that had his replaced about 2000. He had a hamstring problem so the rehab took him a little longer. He is pain free now and plays tennis with the old far...olks.

In 2000 or 2001 I had both ACL's replaced back to back ops. Now I do know what they do for knee replacement and I don't want to scare anyone off so I'll hold back posting on that, but for the ACL's, well, they remove the ACL, take 1/3 of the patella tendon, cut it and bring it down to the bottom, drill a hole up through that part and into the top (tibia to fibia) and screw the 1/3 patella tendon into the fibia. At least that is what they did to me (And I have the video to prove it - they don't do video's anymore, in fact I couldn't even have one for the second ACL. Insurance I guess.) The rehab was 6-8 weeks and I don't think I ever recovered fully, but now there is bone on bone with large spurs. When my doctor asked me what I wanted to do, I replied that I wanted them replaced. He said, "Good choice." I just want to be pain free and be able to walk without pain. Unfortunately the left knee will have to be done some time soon also. I did ask if he would do them both at the same time and he hushed and told me very quietly that in 20 years there had been 2 deaths and that the AMA has decided that the risks are to high. I do agree, because of possible blood clots.

Now, wouldn't you think that since the replacement is because I have no cartilage left that the technology now-a-days would be just to put new cartilage in?

Go figure!

Doc, I've been there done that on the type II. In 2004 I was diagnosed as such and I told them no medicine and lost 50 pounds. Losing that much weight took me off of blood pressure medicine, cholesterol medicine, etc., but unfortunately I did not keep off as much as I should and I have been eating way to much fats and sugars. So, it's back on the diet again, and this time I intend to keep it off. The very bad part is that the wife is what I consider a gourmet cook. Oh! Well. I do know it is not so much as what you eat as it is on how much you eat. I have to ask myself, "Am I living to eat, or eating to live?"

Thanks for all the words.

You to, you pile of mud with a marshmallow on top!