Starlingt

Security Systems For Motorhomes

Looking for a security system for a class A motorhome that will notify me by cell phone if my motorhome door is opened while the alarm is active and I am away.

Any thoughts.

Me also! Looking for a system which will switch from Cell and/or Internet to SW (or HF) frequency to notify.
We find us often without Cell coverage and no internet.

Been suggested to rely on Satellite telephone/internet for notifications when out in the boondocks.

Understand it's illegal to boobi-trap the Coach?!?!

My son in law, has a hunting camera that alerts him that it has detected movement and snaps picture, and will record movement, and send it to his cell phone. May not be exactly what you want, but just another idea. Most sporting goods stores will probably be able to help in locating such an item.

Kay

My son in law, has a hunting camera that alerts him that it has detected movement and snaps picture, and will record movement, and send it to his cell phone. May not be exactly what you want, but just another idea. Most sporting goods stores will probably be able to help in locating such an item.

Kay

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into that.

If you have a pair of Smart Cell Phones, there is an app that you install on both. On the one you leave behind, you turn on the phone app and it will detect motion, and call the second phone. It is a GPS based app.

Looking for a security system for a class A motorhome that will notify me by cell phone if my motorhome door is opened while the alarm is active and I am away.

Any thoughts.

Google Simplisafe. I have the simplisafe installed in my coach and it works well.

Google Simplisafe. I have the simplisafe installed in my coach and it works well.

Simplisafe looks great! I gather from the web page that one can buy the system, use it to transmit alerts to the cell phone (or sound the alarm), but not subscribe to the monitoring system (at $15/month). Is that right?

Thanks,

Skip

Simplisafe looks great! I gather from the web page that one can buy the system, use it to transmit alerts to the cell phone (or sound the alarm), but not subscribe to the monitoring system (at $15/month). Is that right?

Thanks,

Skip

Half right....You need to subscribe to have a cell phone alert. No subscription needed for audio alert. I don't have a subscription. I have sensors on all the cargo bay doors,entry door,motion inside coach and installed the optional siren which is extremely loud.

I installed Simplsafe in my coach several months ago it works great when entry into coach or compartments occur, it calls the monitoring company and they contact me within seconds. Motion detector inside and sensors on all compartments. I have siren, smoke and CO sensors installed as well. Costs is $24.00 per month,

Forgot to mention, the Simplisafe control device has a eight hour backup battery that allows it's cellular transmitter to work when no AC power. I installed my device with a 75 watt inverter that provides the necessary AC power indefinitely when I am parked and not hooked to shore line. The system can be monitored, controlled from your smart phone. Instructions can be changed as to your location as often as necessary or you can direct no police be called and have all calls directed to you and a secondary.

I purchased the RVNanny. It will text you if the alarm goes off. It has a motion sensor built in. I have the motorhome in the shop so I have not installed it yet.

The RVNanny׼
Alarm System Monitors:

AC/DC Power
Temperature (Hi/Low)
Fire/Smoke Alarm
Intruders/Motion
Audio Levels
-
(listen in on your asset's activities)

The RVNanny™
is a Wireless RV Alarm System that is easily installed in less than 10 minutes. When an alarm is activated, the systems will text message your cell phone and/or send you an email. The system communicates anywhere cell phone coverage exists.

24/7 SECURITY ALERTS
Because The RVNanny
is a wireless portable system and not a fixed hard wired system, it can also be used to monitor your home, cottage, business, plane, RV and camper

Simplisafe System starts at under $300.00 with shipping, RV Nanny is over $900.00 not including shipping. Had my Simplisafe for over a year, absolutely reliable. Additional devices available at low cost. No wiring , system monitors each device, tells you when something is open or defective. Much better deal for any application than competitors .