Sign in to follow this  
Spruijt

Air conditioning R134a Capacity For Chevrolet P37 6.2 L diesel engine

Hello,

Does anybody know how much R134a has to be put into the AC system of our RV Cobra Monterey P37 (Chevrolet) ??

thanx in advance, Rien and Yolanda

Rien,

Assume you are talking about the dash A/C.

Most pros fill by a set of gauges/use of site glass.

Hopefully, someone will be able to look up the total system capacity for your chassis.

What year model is the chassis?

There may be a sticker on evaporator housing or accumalor dryer stating cgarge capacity. R134a systems are typically charged more by volume or pressure rather than site glass due to the fact that 134 can still have bubbles when system is full.

If doing this yourself a slight under charge is better than an overcharge. dave

Rein,

Been looking around my files and did not find a listing by volume or weight of freon.

The most common method used on this side of the pond is with a set of pressure manifolds.

I'm not on top of my conversions from PSI and KP., but the common pressure on the low side of the systems is 28 to 30 psi in English. That is the point where the compressor will run continuously with out cycling on and off.

The trick you need to use some times is to turn off the system and let the pressure equalize, then continue to add freon until the proper pressure is reached on the low side of the system.

DO Not charge above 32 PSI. above this level can cause part failure!!!! (220.64KPa.) Think I got it right !

Remember to run a vacuum test on the system before charging and that the proper level of esters are in the system before charging!!!!

If the system has been running fine up until just recently and there is still a charge close to the required level on the low side, you might only need to top off the system to get it working.

ALSO ! a set of badly celebrated gauges can cause problem of an over or under charged system !!!!!

Rich.

Thanx everybody for your help. We needed to know the weight of the cooling fluid that had to be put in. We managed to get the answer by asking just answer.com , you have to pay for answers on that website but we had the right answer in a short time. Now it's done and it works again. Maybe for someone else's information, the answer was 3 LBS.