bhalldorson

Jacks Will Not Retract

Have power gear automatic hydraulic jacks.

I automatically leveled the coach and then realized I had forgotten to deflate the suspension system.

I again turned on the jack controls and the low voltage light is now on and the jacks will not retract. Actual voltage is 13.6.

Cannot find any help on the power gear website.

Any ideas?

I have something like that happen everytime I get in a hurry. I just turn off everything, wait about 5 minutes then start from scratch. When the low voltage light comes on I start the engine and then proceed.

it's like it gets confused when I push too many buttons.

Just be patient.

Frank

Try emailing Power Gear...they will send you all sorts of web sites and information...but won't talk to customers on the phone, dealers only.

Somewhat related to this issue, I have a 2011 Discovery and when I was parked on an unlevel surface and hit the auto, the low voltage light came on before front was level. I believe it was maxing out on the front levelers. I put some Jack Blocks under the front levellers and now it works like it should.

I have an '04 Itasca Meridian with HWH jacks. They will retract when a load is on them but half way up they stop retracting. I can use a sort of lever to pry them up. Do I clean and lube the shaft?

What do you recommend for a fix?

Benzz99,

You might contact HWH. They did have an issue with weak retract springs. Solution was spring replacement.

Contacted HWH but recent storms shut them down until Monday. Also reading the owners manual alerted me to "DON'T PUT ANYTHING ON THE SHAFT BUT WATER AND A CLEAN WIPING CLOTH". I also found that they recommend operating the jacks at least once a month.

I have Kwikee system. When all else fails, I remove the control panel from the dash, unplug all connections and then reconnect them. This has worked in a few instances.

grocedm,

I was reading your post in the tire thread and you mentioned that CW said the control panel for your jacks was NLA.

Kwikee is part of Power Gear. So the correct part might have a power gear logo and not Kwikee.

Could you post the model number of you Kwikee system and include the model number of the control pad for the jacks?

This link might lead you to a replacement part. Not knowing you particular model number, you might need some additional information.

http://colawrvsalvage.com/product/power-gear-jack-control-box-500630-140-1227-new/

This is a link to the manual for the above control box for you to compare to your pad.

http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-L0506.pdf

The other system that might be labeled Kwikee are Model # 500674 and 140-1170.

There phone numbers are 800-334-4712 and or 888-339-2539.

Rich.