geraldlanc

Fantastic Fan Vent Cover

I don’t know about fantastic fan but I doubt if they are that different. I would look at the hinge there are several different aftermarket covers made but the hinges vary. I would measure the node spacing and take a picture for easy reference. I found a local camper store that had several different ones.

Bill

I had a 9 y/o Damon Challenger.

While driving down the highway the wind broke and blew the lid off. I went to Fantastic Fans web site to see if I could order a new one but there was nowhere to purchase one. I noticed that their website said the the lid had a lifetime warranty. Since I was not the original purchaser I figured that it wasn't covered. I sent an email to the company to find out where I could buy a replacement. To my surprise, they responded back saying that it was covered under warranty and just needed to know my mailing address and the color of the lid.

The tech also said to make sure that the vent is all the way open when traveling. He also said that it may have bent the crank arm so they were sending me a new crank assembly along with the new lid. All of this was at no charge. There wasn't even any shipping charge. Once I sent the info that they needed, I had the new parts within 3 or 4 days.

They stand behind their products and they made the whole process very easy.

First off, the vent covers are specific to Fantastic Vents so you have to go to them for replacements, but they have a lifetime warranty. On one of ours the mounting boss broke, called the co. All they asked was my address for shipping. Then I inquired about the double walled, insulated ones. He asked how many I need and I said two. They upgraded to the insulated ones at NO COST to me, not even shipping. However this was before they sold the company and now they charge shipping.

I just put on their cover that is shown on their website to fit over the existing cover. The regular cover opens up inside it. This way it can be used during rain, etc. I think even while moving. We put it on because the flickering of the sun through the fan with the stock vent bothered my wife and agravated her migraines. This fixed this problem for us.

Depending on the fan you have, a standard vent cover may not be able to handle the air flow.....I suggest a maxx air or Fantastic fan cover made for high flow,

We have 2 Fantastic fans. One has the Fantastic over cover and one has a Camco over cover.

They both work..The Fantastic over cover allows the vent to be opened a little wider than the one with Camco over cover.

Both are great for being able to leave the vents open when it is raining.