Sign in to follow this  
telcoman

General Info On Mexico

I know a lot about RVing down there, I write magazine articles on it and run caravans down there and am willing to answer any questions. I have a page on border crossing precedures HERE

Good article. Mostly accurate. We're returning to Mexico this winter after a one year break. Plan on entering through the Laredo area. This will be our 18th winter and thoroughly enjoy the people and especially the weather. Will do most of our winter in Lo de Marcos and the downtown park in Puerto Vallarta.

We used Lewis and Lewis Insurance for many years, but have switched to Wayfareres out of Ontario. Closer to home. We travel with an attached "Montoneta". I believe it's too big to be considered a scooter as it's 400cc. We got away without having to get the temp sticker until quite recently. The Mexican's have really caught up with computerization. We did have to cancel our last RV on line, as we sold it without cancelling first. We entered the country with our new RV and my wife put both vehicles in her name. We then couriered all the pertinent docs to Mexico City. Had our cancellation papers sent to Canada by the time we got home in the spring.

Happy trails.

Am seriously considering trip down the Baja in a caravan. 37 nights. 3 and 4 night stays in Cabo San Lucas, Los Barriles, La Paz and Guerrero Negro. Otherwise one or two night stops. Do I need a toad? Would prefer the freedom of not towing but don't know how much my own vehicle might be useful at these locations.

Rick