mjweigel

Motorhome Name

We just purchased our first motorhome, a Class A Forest River 337.

Some of our friends have said that we must give it a name.

Has anyone done this, and if so, what names did you use?

Welcome to the Forum.

Some folks do name their coaches, while others put names of the Branch of Service they may have been in, their favorite sports team and so forth.

Example: My Grandchildren call me Grumpy. On our first coach I had a spare tire and had the cover Airbrushed with the Disney Character "GRUMPY." I did the Same on our Jeep. On the back of our current coach, I have a Navy Expression: "Fair Winds and Following Seas."

So you can name, brand or leave it alone. When in the middle of a cold winter storm or when you are making the payment, you may refer to it as that D@#$% Coach. But come spring you may call it Happy Trails.

Go for it, use your imagination.

Herman

You have to give your motorhome a name.

Our first was an elderly Yellowstone Class C. The first time we saw her hind end backed in across the lake, we thought, "OhmyGod, is that us?" Although we knew better, she seemed wider than longer. For some reason DW deemed "The Fat B****h" to be inappropriate, so we named her Miss Lueffie. And she came to life, cranky, grouchy and great fun all in one.

Alas, Miss Lueffie got tired and wasn't firing on remotely enough cylinders, so she became DS's hunting camp. DS and DDIL go hunting quite often without their devil spawn. LOL But Miss Lueffie's happy and not straining up the mountains, etc., and in return she's stopped leaking.

So a new elderly Class A motorhome has seen fit to adopt us. Since she's a lot longer and a tidbit wider, she's more like sailing a barge. "Ark Royal" was already taken; hence "The Queen's Barge."

Anyway, the rule is that if your ship already has a name, don't change it. But if not, you should christen her, bearing in mind the theory of "puttin' the mouth on it."

And don't start a voyage on a Friday, with any women aboard, and be sure to lay in a good supply of rum, limes and sugar.

We've had names for both our coaches. Our current one is called "Chuck" because the first time I drove it, my wife felt like she was going to throw up.

Our previous coach was an Allegro Bay. One day when we were waiting for our coach to get some tires on it, the repair person came out and said, "Your Allegro is almost done." My cousin misunderstood him and leaned over to us and said, "He called your motorhome an eggroll!"

From then on, it was called "The Eggroll."

My wife has declared the name of our MH as "Citrus." (Guess which citrus.)

My sons call it the SKI mobile (SKI=Spending Kids Inheritance.)

Hi, guys and gals in RV world.

After driving a small Class C for a few year, the thing just couldn't take the road anymore, so the wife and I adopted a 30-foot Class A Airbus 1994. It's about three times bigger then the Class C.

Man, what a thing to drive. BIG is not the word, so one day we were looking at the size of it and just out of the blue came the name Wallee the whale. That name has stuck, so when we refer to the RV, we just say wallee.

We named all ours. We have had Hannah (She was a hurricane). Daisy was our Damon Daybreak. Winnie was our Journey, and we now have an Itasca Ellipse that has been named Lispsy.

We are relatively new to the coach world. Our Dream is to see The United States of America on it.....We dubbed it "America" and had that put on our license plate.......

Miss Lueffies owner is correct. We just started our first journey on a Friday with both Michelle and a girlfriend of hers aboard. We were headed to North Carolina.....we did get there.....on the following Tuesday. Spent a couple of nights at Candy Land in Winchester Virginia with a busted air leveling system courtesy of I-84 in PA. That and a new front tire for about 1200 bucks and we were on our way.......

Herman- we had unfair winds and in your face seas!!!!

Life is good!

We have a big beautiful 40' diesel class A I call Goldie. I think our RV is a he but Goldie works for me. It is gold and several shades of beautiful swirled brown. Gold seems regal to me so Goldie works for me. I have never heard my husband refer to our RV as Goldie though. Everyone that we know freely calls my car Cherrie (the name I gave her) but Goldie is less accepted. Not sure why.

Ours is a Tiger made by Provan in SC. It is a 'small' class C, built on a Chev Silverado 1 ton Pickup Truck (kind of like a camper, but it is accessible from the cab). While it is only 22 ft and small by most RV standards, to me it was huge. My first name was the 'beast', but since reading the book the Elephant Whisperer and enjoying the story of the matriarch of the herd; we have changed the name to 'Nana' (to me it is huge like an elephant).

We picked two names, Daisy and Delilah. I chose daisy because my wife didn't drive it and told her I felt like I was "driving Miss Daisy". We had a party for friends and everyone voted on the two names.

Delilah won and now I am driving "Delilah"

Our first Class C (Born Free) was named Lucy when we bought her so we kept that name on her. Then we bought a Class A and tried to change her name but kept referring to her as Lucy so we ended up with a second Lucy! Our vehicles have had names for years and I read some time back that people who name their vehicles tend to take better care of them - not saying it's true but found it interesting.

:rolleyes:

We are still on our first MH, a 2003b34 ft Coachman. When we first parked it in the driveway we said it was very big! So, we called it "Zilla" after Godzilla. We even found a Beanie that was a Dinosaur that we keep on the dash!

We named our Itasca Sunova 33C, "Eagle One". Our first class A. But I love to tell my wife "Make Eagle One ready for launch"... I just wish I could find the right decal... Still looking.

Our first coach, a '78 Wanderlodge, was named "Fine Wine", and our current Wanderlodge is named "Jus Chillin", cause that is what we do when traveling. Isn't that what we bought our motorhomes for, relaxing and seeing the country?