mjweigel

Motorhome Name

We bought a 2000 Winnebago Brave in 2008. I started writing a trip blog on our first trip along the Lincoln Highway and it naturally became Winnie in the blog. People so enjoyed our travels with Winnie that the name stuck. Not very original, but it worked.

Vince & Sue Kranz

I drive 'Ralphie's Bus'. He is our Boykin Spaniel who competes in hunt tests. I talked the DW into getting the RV to go to training and competitions, so thank you Ralphie.

Hello Fellow Travelers,

We have a 2007, 30 feet long Monaco Monarch. We love her, even with her faults. From the beginning we have called her MONA. Yes, MONA, the Monaco Monarch.

And our dinghy is a Jeep Wrangler. So, what do you suppose? Yes, his name is JONA. Of course it is!

Happy travels to all,

Ed and Rachel Motteler

Portland, Oregon

I've got a 27' Itasca Cambria that responds to her name of "Little Ita" -- after "Itasca. Get it? I'm used to referring to her that way, but the service guys sort of look at me funny.

We have a Southwind & because we were taking our 'home' with us, we decided to call it the Escargot. But one time we pulled into an RV park in Mexico & the way things were situated, we ended up blocking the sun for our neighbors, so now we occasionally call it the Death Star (it's black & silver). :D

We bought a used Hurricane last April and it was the end of June before we were able to take it out on it's maiden voyage. After a couple of weeks, I jokingly called it a lawn ornament since it had been sitting in our front yard since we brought it home. From that point on it became The Gnome. We recently found a flag to hang in the back window which says "Home is where your Gnome is".

In 2006 we named our new Itasca Meridian "Merlin" because we were beginning the next stage in our lives of retirement and fulltime RVing. We knew it was going to be magical and Merlin would help create that magic. 8 years of full-timing; we're proud to report that we were right...We love it!!!

Our Saturn VUE is: "Lancelot", Shortened sometimes to "Lance". There's a theme going...

Our past RV's were named too! 2001 Fleetwood Storm: "Tornado" - 1998 Winnebago Chiefton: "Chiefy".

"Home is where our wheels roll!" :rolleyes:

Paula & Nelson DiGennaro

Cinnamon & Raven - Toy Poodle Kids

Huber Hgts, OH / Pensacola, FL

We just purchased our first motorhome a used 34' class A. It is a nice clean Hurricane and we bought it at the Good Sam rally in Syracuse NY this summer. When my wife and I were growing up in PA one of the first hurricanes that we could remember was Hurricane Hazel it really cause as lot of damage and my father had a boat at Red Point MD. That weekend after the Hurricane we drove down there to check my Grandfather cottage and Dads' boat. The cottage was fine no damage but Dads' boat was a complete loss. as were many other boats, Hurricane Hazel had really torn up the Chesapeake Bay. So guess what we named our hurricane.

We purchased a 2003 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36B (I sometimes slip up and call it a Pace Maker) in 2011. It took a while to name it, but we have, I believe, a very fitting name. We call it 'Baby Huey'.

The 1st time I saw our 40' Newmar I said "what a Beast". Thus our tow car is now the "Beauty: & the MH is the "Beast". People often ask if I'm referring to my husband when I say the "beast".

My wife and I haven't yet named our Itasca Sunova 33C, but when a non-RVing friend saw it's size he called it "The Enterprise" after the space ship on Star Trek.

In my opinion there is no must to naming anything, some really like to name their different possessions, others, not so much...my wife and I generally tend to name things, though sometimes we ignore what we named it and call it something else all the time. We have had two different motor homes, our first was 'The Mothership' the second is what we are living in now, and is 'The StarShip' with our tow being the StarShip Lander III (lander's 1 and 2 were rear ended and killed while not being towed, thank goodness) But this is our preference.

Our first coach, an Adventurer, we called "BABS" for Big A$$ Bus (not real original - saw it somewhere else). Grandsons thought it was cool. For our second coach, a Fleetwood Providence, the oldest grandson said it should be BABS 2.0. We even had a front license plate made out of old plates that reads BABS 2.0. Our dinghy now has a state issued vanity plate that reads "Lil BABS".

We found our 2008 Fleetwood Providence 40X last summer in Baraboo, WI on a Ford dealer's lot. It only had 7995 miles on it; couldn't pass her up. Since it was a very lucky find, we named her Sara, short for serendipity.... the way we found her.

We just bought our !st ever MH (by "just bought" I mean we got her last Saturday) she is a Fleetwood Southwind, and we plan on becoming full timers starting in January. so we named her "freeda" after the freedom we will be enjoying. our excitement level is thru the roof!!!! :rolleyes: