mjweigel

Motorhome Name

I am taking delivery of a 2014 Newmar Essex on Monday.

Her name is Lucy, saw her two weeks ago when she came on the lot from the factory ... already seems to have a feisty personality! More than one person thought I was a bit goofy to have named her as construction started in August.

How much fun!

My wife and I just purchased our first RV in March 2013. We purchased a 2011 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS. We decided to name our rig, "Sunni". We have gone with a "Sunni" theme inside too with Orange towels with the word "Sunni" on the towels with a small sun over the "I".

Since our last name is Ray, my wife always said that she would name a daughter, Sunni Ray, so this is why we choose Sunni.

regards,

Ben Ray

Fredericksburg, VA

We have had many RVs over the decades including two that served as 'home' when we full-timed for 9 years. We sold the last motorhome after getting off the road and settling in way-the-heck-south Texas, but found we missed RVing, so in 2010 we purchased a 21 foot Coachmen Freelander Class C which is perfect for our needs.

We always name our cars and RVs so we decided to name our new motorhome "OTRA" which stands for "on the road again". It also means "other" in Spanish and we thought that was appropriate for another RV in our lives. OTRA is our 7th RV and probably our last.

We have a 2013 Monaco Knight 40DFT. We call ours "Carried Away" Multiple meanings to us. We got "Carried Away" when we bought it. It "Carries us Away". It is the name of my wife's stores which helped pay for it.

Dan & Toni

After many years of boating, and naming each boat, we decided to begin the motor home lifestyle. We named our motor home, Di's Turn, since it was my turn to pick the mode of travel and sightseeing. We've enjoyed seeing the United States and all it has to offer.

Dianne & Paul

My sister named her 40 ft DP and Jeep Wrangler Mike & Molly. Molly is the coach!

Our current coach, 2009 Tiffin Phaeton 42 ft is Tuscon because that is where we bought it on the spur of the moment, but have not regretted it!

our toad is a Jeep Wrangler named Oscar because it has a medallion place on ti by Jeep that says Oscar Mike. We could not figure out what that meant until a friend looked it up on the I-net. It is an Army term for On the Move, and Jeep is colored OD with a star on it like the old Jeeps so I guess Jeep was trying to replicate the old Jeeps in this 2013 model!

On Edit: I am not a regular on this forum but visit it from time to time. It is interesting to me how this thread caught on and how many first timer posters have participated. This is our 5th coach, our first was in 1974. We never named the first 3, and Lucy was the one before Tucson!

Our "Owner", a Rescued Blue Roan Catahoula from Jackson, MS is appropriately named "Missi Blue", ergo our Blue/Blue/Silver 1997 Safari Serengeti is Missi Blue II.

We named our motorhome BERT which stands for Big Expensive Rolling Turd

I think we got you coach's twin. The problems I'm having I'm leanin towards "Money Pit"

And I thought boats were bad.

LOL :D

Hello and welcome!

We named our1st one"Eddie" after the movie Christmas Vacation. It looked just like it. Boy, I miss that rig! It had all the bells a whistles! We named our 2nd and current rig Eddy. I spell it E-D Which is short for Eddie.

Ken Vachereau

Vermont

You can name your coach or not but in the end, the name of your coach will be Money Pit and you will have wished you named it that the day you bought it! :wub:

After serious consideration the name we settled on was "Phaeth" because it is with Faith that we are stepping out into this new life style. As soon as the house sells, we will be cast off, free to go wherever the good Lord needs us to go. We hope to volunteer and do good wherever we go.

It took 2 years of RV rallies, numerous out of town trips to different dealers, and a whole multitude of fellow RV'ers advices from different campsites to find out that we needed a DP. Let go of our faithful Prowler 5th wheeler and bought our retirement home--a new 40' Fleetwood Revolution in 2004. We named her "RSHATOW". Odometer is at 60,000 miles of adventure. Just can't get enough of the good ol' USA.

:rolleyes: Hi all! Cathy and Denny here. We call our 2011 Fleetwood Bounder "the Bus" It got its name from our 2 year old granddaughter. When the granddaughter names her it sticks.