vilsis

Blue Sky RV Insurance Won't Pay Invoice After The Accident

I stuck now 2 weeks in the parking lot from Transwest RV in Frederick, CO because Blue Sky RV Insurance refuse to check and pay the Invoice from Transwest RV.

Blue Sky RV Insurance demand for all parts the manufacturer invoices. Transwest RV gave for all parts the Transwest Parts Department invoices. But Blue Sky RV Insurances don't accept them. Transwest RV told the Insurance is a client and haven't the right for the manufacturer invoices. Transwest RV won't let me leave because they don't release my coach/house, until the invoice is paid. The invoice is over $11,000.- and I don't know what I can do. I need and appreciate your help.

Ray Vils

Full-timers

09 Camelot 42 PDQ - VILSIS1 - MT

08 Saturn VUE XR - VILSIS2 - MT

Presently @ Transwest RV, Frederick, CO

Ray, usually there's two sides to every story and I'm sure this is one of those. An 11k invoice is a bunch and you don't say what you had done but it sounds like you had some drivetrain stuff go wrong. Insurance companies are pretty strict as far as staying to the WRITTEN contract. It sounds like maybe some shortcuts were taken, either by you and/or the repair facility. As a full timer myself, I know how hard it is with a major failure not to do so as you want/need your home back asap. That said, here's what I would do:

1. Read your contract completely.

2. Know why the insurance company is denying the claim.

3. Sit down with the OWNER of the repair facility and discuss/negotiate what can be done to get your coach released. One suggestion is to sign an agreement to pay the bill yourself if the insurance company will not. You may have to take out a loan to do so. Another suggestions is to see if you can negotiate a partial payment from the insurance company and a guarantee from you for the balance.

4. If your coach is financed, talk to the bank that carries your loan. They have a stake in this as well and might be able to assist.

5. IF and only IF YOU are correct and the bill is the responsibility of the insurance company AND you've done all you can, contact the insurance commissioner of Colorado and get them involved.

6. Finally, if all the above have proved fruitless, contact a lawyer for legal advice.

When a repair facility refuses to provide the necessary documents to the insurance company, they may feel they're being ripped off and demand more documentation. This is common. I would be concerned as well if it were me.

Good luck....Dennis

Dennis

Thanks a lot for your advices, I appreciate them.

I know that every story have two sides.

We hade in July a big accident the I was 100 % not guilty, I wasn't ticked.

We hade to rebuild the whole front by RV America in Johnstown, CO.

RV America fund a hole in the in the Charge Air piping and could not fix them. Because I hade a Oil leak in my engine I get to Transwest RV in Frederick, Co they are a Cummins repair shop.

From the accident I need a new Hydraulic Pump for the slide outs and jack leveling, and the Hydraulic lines leaked. RV America replaced the pump but they haven't replaced because Monaco haven't the lines. The same with my backup cameras. Then we need a new harness for the Hydraulic pump.

I asked Transwest RV they can make this work. The appraiser approved Transwest RV all works what they done, all what the appraiser not approved was not done.

The dispute between the appraiser and Blue Sky RV Insurance and Transwest RV is for the manufacturer invoices.

Answers for your points. 1. I'm not native English, I'm from Switzerland and I speak Swiss German, very hard to understand English contracts.

2. They haven't the manufacturer invoices

3. I will to this

4. The coach paid and I own them

5. and 6. Thanks for this advices

I send a e-mail to the president fro Blue Sky RV Insurances for help, and hope hi answer me on Monday.

Thanks again

Ray Vils

Ray,

I don't believe the Insurance Company has any right to the "Manufacturer" invoices. Manufacturer meaning the company that actually made the part and sold it either to a distributor or to Transwest directly. Transwest isn't in business to sell parts they buy and use for repairs at the same amount they bought them for. That being said, and as Dennis noted, I am not familiar with the policy you have or the language in it. I am very interested in your plight, though, as I just started a new policy with Blue Sky Insurance and am interested in how they treat you as a customer and how this ultimately turns out.

It sounds to me from reading your note that the Insurance company has a question about how much they were charged for the parts Transwest used. You noted that the insurance adjuster approved all the work that was completed. If that is the case, and the insurance adjuster was acting on behalf of Blue Sky, I would press Blue Sky very hard to make good on what their adjuster said could be repaired and paid for by Blue Sky.

If you or Transwest have a copy of what the adjuster approved to be done and paid for by Blue Sky, I would think that would be very helpful to all if this has to be resolved in a court of law.

Good Luck and please let us know how this works out.

Jim

Ray,

I don't believe the Insurance Company has any right to the "Manufacturer" invoices. Manufacturer meaning the company that actually made the part and sold it either to a distributor or to Transwest directly. Transwest isn't in business to sell parts they buy and use for repairs at the same amount they bought them for. That being said, and as Dennis noted, I am not familiar with the policy you have or the language in it. I am very interested in your plight, though, as I just started a new policy with Blue Sky Insurance and am interested in how they treat you as a customer and how this ultimately turns out.

It sounds to me from reading your note that the Insurance company has a question about how much they were charged for the parts Transwest used. You noted that the insurance adjuster approved all the work that was completed. If that is the case, and the insurance adjuster was acting on behalf of Blue Sky, I would press Blue Sky very hard to make good on what their adjuster said could be repaired and paid for by Blue Sky.

If you or Transwest have a copy of what the adjuster approved to be done and paid for by Blue Sky, I would think that would be very helpful to all if this has to be resolved in a court of law.

Good Luck and please let us know how this works out.

Jim

I disagree.The insurance companys sometimes will only pay a say(eg) 20% markup.They want to see the RV center cost invoices so they know there not being ripped off as most RV repair shops always overcharge insurance companies and in the end we all pay for it in increased rates.If this RV repair shop was honest they would simply comply as to get paid and get the customer on their way.

Jim

I noted: "The appraiser approved Transwest RV all works what they done, all what the appraiser not approved was not done.

The appraiser from Property Damage Appraisers Inc. in Pueblo, CO approved by phone to the Service Consultant from Transwest RV.

I will report how this works out.

Ray

Ticat900,

It appears to me that if the Insurance Company has limiting factors or rules regarding how much they will pay for parts and other services they should make sure the company doing the repairs I (In this case that would be Transwest) is aware of that before they give approval to do the work. It seems unfair to me that Blue Sky would identify this critical restriction on payment only after the work was completed.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you on this point. And, I would be very unhappy with any insurance carrier that was not clear on how much they will pay prior to approving the work to be done. As a matter of fact, I will be calling Blue Sky on Monday to check in with my agent to inquire about this incident and how it would apply to my insurance coverage. I will report what they have to say.

Thanks,

Jim

Ticat900,

It appears to me that if the Insurance Company has limiting factors or rules regarding how much they will pay for parts and other services they should make sure the company doing the repairs I (In this case that would be Transwest) is aware of that before they give approval to do the work. It seems unfair to me that Blue Sky would identify this critical restriction on payment only after the work was completed.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you on this point. And, I would be very unhappy with any insurance carrier that was not clear on how much they will pay prior to approving the work to be done. As a matter of fact, I will be calling Blue Sky on Monday to check in with my agent to inquire about this incident and how it would apply to my insurance coverage. I will report what they have to say.

Thanks,

Jim

JIM

All I did was suggest this may be there policy, as I use to deal with ICBC in BC Canada and this was their policy. I agree they must be upfront with this requirement.

However its well known that lots of shops want to charge way more for a job than its worth just because there is a insurance company involved. I am not sure how you can agree with me or disagree at this point as its the insurance company's right to request these invoices "IF" the shop is told upfront. I have no knowledge as to what happened.

But for you to say they have no right? You're wrong as long as its disclosed upfront.

ticat900,

Ok. Let's agree to disagree. It isn't productive to continue to go back and forth on this issue. I merely stated my opinion and feelings on it. You disagreed, I then disagreed with your disagreement...See how it goes? I do agree with your comment regarding "as long as its disclosed upfront"...but, I don't believe that to be the case here. I still don't "believe" that the Insurance Company has any right to the "original Manufacturers" cost....So, we disagree!! Ok, by me. That is what makes the world go round and round!

Jim

ticat900,

Ok. Let's agree to disagree. It isn't productive to continue to go back and forth on this issue. I merely stated my opinion and feelings on it. You disagreed, I then disagreed with your disagreement...See how it goes? I do agree with your comment regarding "as long as its disclosed upfront"...but, I don't believe that to be the case here. I still don't "believe" that the Insurance Company has any right to the "original Manufacturers" cost....So, we disagree!! Ok, by me. That is what makes the world go round and round!

Jim

I believe this is misconceived or misstated statement "that the Insurance Company has any right to the "original Manufacturers" cost.." I believe as I said earlier is the Insurance company wants to see the "VENDER" cost not the "manufacturers" cost. If in fact it was the manufacturers cost then I have no comment as its a ridiculous request and of one I have never heard of before and on top of that how would the Vendor ever get a copy of the manufacturers cost???

Ticat900,

Thanks,

Jim

As noted in my earlier message (quoted above) I spoke to my agent from Blue Sky Insurance today. I asked, hypothetically, if I had a claim and if the adjuster approved the work to be done that the adjuster would clarify up front what the estimated cost of the repair would be and when the work was completed Blue Sky would pay the bill. She responded in the affirmative to this question.

Apparently Blue Sky has been receiving quite a few calls about this incident, and although she didn't go into details about it, she did say that the adjuster and the client were speaking and coming to a resolutiion. So , we will have to wait and see what Ray has to report about this.

I can say that everything I spoke to Blue Sky about today with regard to their policies regarding payment seemed reasonable and I am still quite happy that I made the change to Blue Sky. Of course, I haven't had any claims so in the unfortunate event that I do have a claim I will find out first hand at that time.

Thanks,

Jim

Ticat900,

Thanks,

Jim

As noted in my earlier message (quoted above) I spoke to my agent from Blue Sky Insurance today. I asked, hypothetically, if I had a claim and if the adjuster approved the work to be done that the adjuster would clarify up front what the estimated cost of the repair would be and when the work was completed Blue Sky would pay the bill. She responded in the affirmative to this question.

Apparently Blue Sky has been receiving quite a few calls about this incident, and although she didn't go into details about it, she did say that the adjuster and the client were speaking and coming to a resolutiion. So , we will have to wait and see what Ray has to report about this.

I can say that everything I spoke to Blue Sky about today with regard to their policies regarding payment seemed reasonable and I am still quite happy that I made the change to Blue Sky. Of course, I haven't had any claims so in the unfortunate event that I do have a claim I will find out first hand at that time.

Thanks,

Jim

JIM,

Why did you not ask them if they in some cases require a copy of the cost to vendor invoice?? as actually that's what this is all about.

JIM,

Why did you not ask them if they in some cases require a copy of the cost to vendor invoice?? as actually that's what this is all about.

ticat900,

I didn't ask that question because it wasn't important to me. What was important to me was to clarify that the Blue Sky adjuster is supposed to identify on the front end with the company providing service any special requirements and needs/documentation to be submitted for prompt payment. Also, the adjustor should come to agreement on cost when approval is granted. That was enough for my purposes. So, I guess we don't agree again on what the salient point of this exchange was, at least for my purposes. Sorry!

I get good news from the Blue Sky RV Insurance adjuster. He e-mailed me that Blue Sky mailed today the check for the whole invoice to Transwest RV. I'm happy I can leave tomorrow morning. Thank you all for you sympathy and advices.

All involved persons by Blue Sky Insurances and my Agent than yesterday and today the best what they could do to release the coach.

Ray Vils

Full-timers

I get good news from the Blue Sky RV Insurance adjuster. He e-mailed me that Blue Sky mailed today the check for the whole invoice to Transwest RV. I'm happy I can leave tomorrow morning. Thank you all for you sympathy and advices.

All involved persons by Blue Sky Insurances and my Agent than yesterday and today the best what they could do to release the coach.

Ray Vils

Full-timers

Blue Sky doesn't know it, but they retained a customer of three years.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

ticat900,

I didn't ask that question because it wasn't important to me. What was important to me was to clarify that the Blue Sky adjuster is supposed to identify on the front end with the company providing service any special requirements and needs/documentation to be submitted for prompt payment. Also, the adjustor should come to agreement on cost when approval is granted. That was enough for my purposes. So, I guess we don't agree again on what the salient point of this exchange was, at least for my purposes. Sorry!

Well it should be important because that what this whole thread was about?? Its not what's important to you because its not your claim.The op claimed he was held up getting a release because the insurance would not pay out till they received cost copies of product received.You beek off and say they have no right to this information. So I disagreed because you have no right to dictate personal opinion to a company paying out their own cash.

Ray Vils

Full-timers

Well it should be important because that what this whole thread was about?? Its not what's important to you because its not your claim.The op claimed he was held up getting a release because the insurance would not pay out till they received cost copies of product received.You beek off and say they have no right to this information. So I disagreed because you have no right to dictate personal opinion to a company paying out their own cash.

Be nice ticat900. No need to make this personal and attack anyone. We are all entitled to our own thoughts and opinions. If you and I don't agree that is ok too.

What the heck does "beek off" mean anyway....

thanks,

Ray Vils

Full-timers

Ray, that is good news. Happy this worked out to your satisfaction.

Jim

Be nice ticat900. No need to make this personal and attack anyone. We are all entitled to our own thoughts and opinions. If you and I don't agree that is ok too.

What the heck does "beek off" mean anyway....

thanks,

whatever

Just my 2 cents. Being in the body shop business for more years than I care to remember, I was never asked to provide any invoice for any part nor was I ever asked how many hours a job took or how much I paid my employees. If I had been asked I would not have provided the information.

Ticats quote- "They want to see the RV center cost invoices so they know there not being ripped off as most RV repair shops always overcharge insurance companies and in the end we all pay for it in increased rates."

It's obvious you don't understand the business, ticat. The insurance adjuster sets the price and then it's left to the shop to negotiate for additional costs if needed.

I'm glad the op was able to get his problem resolved and always remember...every story has three sides, mine, yours and somewhere in the middle will be the real story.

Have a great evening everyone.

Just my 2 cents. Being in the body shop business for more years than I care to remember, I was never asked to provide any invoice for any part nor was I ever asked how many hours a job took or how much I paid my employees. If I had been asked I would not have provided the information.

Ticats quote- "They want to see the RV center cost invoices so they know there not being ripped off as most RV repair shops always overcharge insurance companies and in the end we all pay for it in increased rates."

It's obvious you don't understand the business, ticat. The insurance adjuster sets the price and then it's left to the shop to negotiate for additional costs if needed.

I'm glad the op was able to get his problem resolved and always remember...every story has three sides, mine, yours and somewhere in the middle will be the real story.

Have a great evening everyone.

Jim Sims,

I totally agree with you.

Thanks for the clarification.

Jim