Sign in to follow this  
clarinetone

Blue Ox Base Plate

I am looking for a Blue Ox Base Plate for a 2010 Chevy Cobalt. BX1684. Prefer a used one but would consider a new at the right price.

Craigs list is best source out there.Maybe also try ebay. Used ones are usually 1/2 or 1/3 what new ones are and can't really ever hurt a base plate.

Craigs list is best source out there.Maybe also try ebay. Used ones are usually 1/2 or 1/3 what new ones are and can't really ever hurt a base plate.

I'd go with a new one. You don't know if the vehicle that had the baseplate was in a wreck and that could cause some stress fractures that are not visible to the naked eye. The only way I would buy a used one is from someone that I know and trusted.

Call BlueOX or send them an email. They will give you the locations near you that sell their product, and who install. Those that sell may not necessarily install.

A google search for BlueOx in your area should also give you some hints.

Happy trails.

I would try hitch traded owned by Blue Ox, I have 3 used Roadmaster brackets in my shed now and all 3 are as good as new, I like Roadmaster Brackets personaly because I think they are a bit more robust built and I have never heard of a Roadmaster bracket failure.