jridgley

Extended Warranty Warning: ACC Warranty

I just thought I would share my story with the fine people of this organization and forum: I purchased a 4 year unlimited mileage extended warranty from ACC WARRANTY GROUP in April of 2012. In My of 2013 I took my coach to Premier Motor Coach Services in Tucson Az. ( I know a lot of folks here have used them, great company to work with, very professional) for my annual checkup for the upcoming summer trip. After the service techs went through the coach they found several items that needed to be replace and or repaired. Some under the extended warranty and some not. Premier sent to Acc Warranty the work order for approval of their part of the repairs. After numerous unanswered phone calls and faxes and three weeks of time, they finally sent approval, the repairs were done, I picked up the coach and we off for the summer. Upon returning home from the summer trip Sept. 1,2013, I went to Premier to return a level that was left in the coach.At that time I found out that Acc Warranty hade not paid the repair bill. This was the first time I ever had a claim. On Sept. 9,2013 I sent by email and snail mail a written cancellation notice to Acc Warranty Group requesting my prorated refund. After aprox. 30 days wait time I began calling to find out status of refund. I called everyday for a week. No return phone calls. Finally on Oct.18th got a call from Steve Burgess the owner of Acc Warranty, he said to me go F##K yourself and if you want your money sue me. Please what ever you do, think twice about doing business with a company like this, they gladly take your money, do not pay for repairs and then upon cancellation according to their contract do not refund your money. After posting this notice on another forum I have had several people come forward ad tell me the same thing has happened to them . Thanks for listening, I hope this notice can help you to stay away from ACC WARRANTY GROUP Jim 2006 Country Coach Allure 430 #31317

Thank you for this warning. When I was looking at these policies, ACC was the cheapest. Now I see why. This company seems to be a fraud. I am sure glad I did not go with them!

One should be reporting this guy to the appropriate authorities. Obviously its a scam, but surely the dealer that sold it to you would be fully aware of this situation?? Did you bother to contact the people whom sold you this policy and see what other customers are saying etc?

What you may not understand is that this company sells direct, there is no dealer involved. They make it sound like its the best thing going.....they sell you a contract that looks good up front, but when you need to use their service they do not respond to.your calls and they do not return your calls,Steve Burgess and Acc Warranty Group offers NO service and is a rippoff. Please be advised do not do business with this company.....

This guy (Steve Burgess) has been banned in at least one other forum I am aware of. Sure sounds like a crook to me.

JRidgley, Thank you for your post. I have just received a quote from ACC and was doing some research and found your post as well as several unresolved issues with the BBB. Needless to say, I'll continue with my current provider. Thanks again for the heads up!

Poppo

I would advise anyone thinking about Extended Waranty with ACC, google ACC Warranty Group, they are not BBB accredited. Also link and read Ripp off Reports.

Jridgley, on 13 Nov 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

What you may not understand is that this company sells direct, there is no dealer involved. They make it sound like its the best thing going.....they sell you a contract that looks good up front, but when you need to use their service they do not respond to.your calls and they do not return your calls,Steve Burgess and Acc Warranty Group offers NO service and is a rippoff. Please be advised do not do business with this company.....

This matter should be turned over to the State's Attorney Office. This way an investigation will commence -- if it is a scam -- they will be handled accordingly.

I had repairs in Sept. ACC never did return the numerous calls made by the service Manager. On their web site they showed the Bill of 450.00 and them paying 250.00, the actual work was 822.00 and they paid nothing. I called numerous times with no responses. My patience ran out and I asked the operator if she was the only one working there, told Her that I wanted to cancel my 3 year Policy after 13 months. After three days I received a small refund called to find out what was going on, I was put on hold and in a couple of minutes Steve Burgess came on the line. He told me That was all I was getting and He was done with me, I could call Goodsams, FMCA or anybody else i wanted and Hung Up.

Bernie 04 Signature

bjmeyer, on 14 Nov 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

I had repairs in Sept. ACC never did return the numeros calls made by the service Manager. On their web site they showed the Bill of 450.00 and them paying 250.00, the actual work was822.00 and they paid nothing. I called numerous times with no responses. My patience ran out and I asked the operator if she was the only one working there, told Her thet I wanted to cancel my 3 year Policy after 13 months. After three days I received a small refund called to find out what was going on, I was put on hold and in a couple of minutes Steve Burgess came on the line. He told me That was all I was getting and He was done with me, I could call Goodsams, FMCA or anybody else i wanted and Hung Up.

Bernie 04 Signature

BUT? Surely this is totally illegal, is it not? I mean, if you file a false income tax return they put you in jail, nowadays.

Jim, I have 2 outstanding claims Waiting for 2 months now to get paid for the first one. Can not even get an answer about the next one.

Why do they not issue a regular check. The so called "cashiers check" they claim to be the same as cash. So when you do not get it.

They do not need to put a stop on it. Just sit back and see the clock tick-tack.

Looking into ACC this is what I have found.

ACC RV Service Plans.

They have two locations. One in Indiana and one in Florida.

ACC Warranty Group is not BBB Accredited. They have not applied for accreditation

This company provides mobile RV repair services, RV parts, RV roadside ... Auto Warranty Services ...

In your contracts do they require you or the service facility to buy parts through them or all work and clams are voided ?

8888 Keystone Crossing 13th Floor Indianapolis, IN 46240

ACC Warranty Group

Phone: (888) 299-9888Fax: (317) 855-900710125 Haverhill Ridge, Riverview, FL 33569http://www.accws.com

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/auto-warranty-services/acc-warranty-group-in-riverview-fl-90069536#sthash.ZeWD1O9j.dpuf

BBB file opened: 07/16/2009Business started: 01/15/2000

Contact Information

Principal: Mr. Steve Burgess

Business Category

Auto Warranty Services

Products & Services

This company provides on-site repairs of all types of RV's, as well as offers RV parts sales, RV roadside assistance, and RV extended service plans including towing programs.

Hours of Operation

24/7

Refund and Exchange Policy

ACC RV Service Plans are considered an at-will contract and may be cancelled at anytime during the contract period.

ACC will refund to the customer all refunds after a 30 day waiting period to ensure there are no outstanding claims against the contract.

ACC offers a 90 Day warranty on all parts and labor performed by ACC.
Any failure within the 90 day period will be replaced or repaired by Acc at no charge.

No refunds or exchanges on special order parts.

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/auto-warranty-services/acc-warranty-group-in-riverview-fl-90069536#sthash.pfvf3Tfs.dpuf

33569http... This company provides mobile RV repair services, RV parts, RV roadside ... Auto Warranty Services ...

If you check the BBB Indianapolis site they rate them with an "F" as they have 14 complaints that ACC has not responded to. It's not a company I would choose to do business with.

Poppo

As I understand they have been reported to the AG's office in Indiana for possible criminal prosecution. As far as any civil law suit, I know of none that has been brought against ACC. The cost of a civil suit would preclude most claimants from justifying it. It appears they stay in business by hoping PT Barnum was right ... "There's a sucker born everyday". Hopefully forums like this one will educate the consumer to do his research and as far as ACC is concerned, there are a lot of red flags "Buyer Beware".

Poppo

I also have had a problem with this company -- my biggest concern is that the FMCA allowed them into the 2012 rally at Indianapolis thus indicating that they were an OK company to deal with. We bought a 4 year warranty there but traded in our coach in may of 2013, requesting a prorata refund as specified in the contract. After letters from my attorney and much patience we have still had no response from the company.

Hopefully some of the powers that be at the FMCA are paying attention to this thread.

Jon Luse

Sounds like I was lucky to get almost all my premium back in claims. They did pay off on items that were clearly covered but it was usually a real struggle involving not a little aggravation and lots of persistence. When they didn't pay off it was due to something I could find on reviewing the fine print. I thought the $0 deductible for parts on work you do yourself was a good deal until I realized it was my own money I was getting back. Definitely not a customer-friendly operation.

I agree having them at rallys does give them some degree of respectability they don't deserve - but to what degree is the sponsoring organization (FMCA, Escapees, Good Sam etc) responsible for figuring out if the company is a problem (and how would they do that) and to what extent is the individual responsible? I guess it would be similar to advertising in the magazine - do you take anyones money and if not what are the standards?

Not only is this company a rip off but dealing with Steve Burgess is an experience in itself. I have been called a liar. I have been exposed to every swear word known to man. There is no integrity in this organization.

I had ACC warranty, I bought it last year and then got rid of my motorhome in November. I cancelled my policy in November and was told I would get a refund check for the balance not used in 30 days from cancellation. I have called and asked repeatedly about where my check was and was told several times it would be sent soon. Until today I was told I was not getting a refund because I cancelled it before the 12 month payment period was over. I only used the policy for 9 months, never had a claim of any kind. I made a down payment when I bought it and the rest was supposed to be paid at 200.00 a month. I made all payments until I cancelled the policy and if I had kept the policy there would have been 2 payments left. The policy was 2940.00 for 24 months and I cancelled after 9 months paying all but 400 of the original cost. Now the owner of the company tells me I will not get any refund at all because I did not keep it till all payments were made. I would not recommend this company to anyone just based on this experience of mine. If they find any way to not give a refund for a cancelled policy then I can only assume what it would be like for a large claim for service to be paid. The other comments on here are completely true about Steve Burgess, he is super friendly until there is a problem or you want something, just today when he finally told me that he would not pay me a penny back, he then told me that if he found out I had told anyone anything bad about him or his company he would sue me. I have not said anything about him except what exactly happened to me personally. He is an arrogant jerk and seemed like he enjoyed telling me I would not get a penny back just before he hung up on me.

In Florida you can contact the State Dept of Insurance, they will investigate and suspend the Copany,s license to do business in Fla.

He does not sell any policies in Florida. He did but I guess he must have been turned in so many times that now he can not sell there.

I just got taken also. Quite a shell game they play. Cost me $4760.00. Goodbye! Resorting to Filing a claim with the Indiana State Attorney Generals Office and then a civil lawsuit. Update: 4/1/14 12 more have filed.

Purchased a 2002 Journey APR 2013 from Day Brothers in Corbin KY with ACC Extended Warrranty. Thirty days later the hydraulic pump that operates slides and levelers went out. Took it to Middle Georgia RV in Byron GA and got it fixed. The service manager called ACC and got the necessary authorization and commenced to order parts from HWH. When the parts arrived two weeks later they repaired unit. When they submitted invoices to ACC they refused to pay, saying that the work was not covered under the Platinum plan. They had previously approved the repair. Middle Georgia worked with me and I paid the bill myself to get them off the hook.

I called Day Brothers and they contacted ACC and tried to get them to make good. ACC refused. I notified Day Brothers and ACC that I was canceling the warranty contract following the required process. Several weeks went by, no refund from ACC. I notified Day Brothers that I had not received my refund, five days later I received my refund from Day Brothers RV on their corporate check.

I salute Day Brothers for trying to make good the debt owed to me by ACC in a attempt to minimize the loss of a customer. Avoid doing business with ACC, they are a rip-off.

Good Sam Extended Warranty - Caveat Emptor

Good Sam Extended Warranty doesn't cover anything.

My experience with Good Sam Extended Warranty (which is actually written by QBE Insurance of America, a company in Australia) has been totally unsatisfactory.

If you have an older motor home (mine is a 2006 model), you will likely find out that a lot of items that you would think are covered are not.

My most recent experience is with the leveling jacks on my 2006 National Tropi-Cal. The jacks are made by Power Gear, a well-known name in the industry.

The motor on my leveling jacks went bad and has to be replaced. After a long series of phone calls and e-mails and ordered parts, I have learned that the original equipment motor for the leveling jacks is no longer made. And the replacement motor for the jacks does not fit the manifold assembly of the original motor.

That would seem to be a simple issue of ordering a new manifold to fit the new motor. And obviously, that would seem to be covered under my Good Sam Extended Warranty because there is no way that the new motor would fit the old manifold. And therefore, the jacks will not work.

However, I soon learn a new wrinkle in the legalize of the Good Sam Extended Warranty. According to their agent, they will only pay for the replacement motor for the jacks because that is the only thing that has gone bad.

It makes no difference that the motor does not fit the manifold and replacing the motor in and of itself will not make the jacks work. The manifold must be replaced in order for the new motor to be able to operate the jacks.

If this makes sense to anyone, I'd like to know.

I have an extended warranty which covers the jacks, but because the company that makes the jacks no longer makes the same pump/manifold as was originally installed, my warranty will not cover getting the jacks back to working order because only the motor went bad, not the manifold. And the manifold does not fit the new pump. And they won't pay for the manifold that goes with the new pump.

Doesn't make sense.

This isn't my first negative experience dealing with the Good Sam Extended Warranty.

My first experience involved a slide out that stopped working. The slide stopped working because of water intrusion and resulting deterioration of the floor beneath the slide. Come to find out that the Good Sam Extended Warranty doesn't cover this because, as I was told by the Insurance Agent, I didn't sign up for option of Seals and Gaskets.

So, the next time I renew my policy, I add the option to cover seals and gaskets.

Then this year I have a problem with a different slide. This time, when the repair facility goes to get authorization for coverage of the repairs, I find out that the Seals and Gasket coverage that I was told by the Good Sam insurance agent I needed to cover the cost of the earlier slide out repair does not cover anything on the slides.

The bottom line, if you are considering Good Sam Extended Warranty on your motor home, have your lawyer look at the policy and be sure you understand that basically, you are buying an extremely limited policy and that there are more exclusions than coverage.

And don't expect the Good Sam Extended Warranty to cover anything that may go wrong with you RV.

Dave Inscoe

“Not a Happy Camper”