jridgley

Extended Warranty Warning: ACC Warranty

Dave, could it be possible that a local rebuilder of electric motors could have taken care of it? Usually a starter and alternator repair shop.

That's what we did when I worked for fleet that included motors for snow plows, winches, dump bodies and other things that have electric motors. You just don't throw the whole thing out for a motor.

Tommy, I have ExtraRide and when I had a front jack blow a seal and scratch the cylinder they paid for new jack and labor. What they didn't pay for is freight, shop supply, and local taxes. That was added to my deductible and is normal with most extended warranty policies. I still saved $900 for having a extended warranty policy.

You folks are so right they are a big scam an crooks. Our law enforcement people should be looking hard at this outfit. It seems lie they would bring a class action against them, I have also had claims with them will not answer phone calls or return them

I just got taken also. Quite a shell game they play. Cost me $4760.00. Goodbye! Resorting to Filing a claim with the Indiana State Attorney Generals Office and then a civil lawsuit. Update: 4/1/14 12 more have filed.

Lesettinger, how would a person join the other 12 that have filed?

I don't have an extended service agreement simply for one reason...financial. The problem with those type agreements are they have more holes than a 10# onion sack which means they have many outs for not paying for repairs. I've been fortunate to not have any expensive repairs in the 7 years I've owned my current motorhome. I've spent less than $1200 on repairs in those 7 years and I assure you they (the service contract providers) probably would have had an out somewhere in the small print for those repairs.

I also think these service agreements are just that- an extended service agreement or insurance policy. I know some of you have collected on catastrophic failures and that is when its good to have the insurance. Personally, I can financially deal with what my expenses have been but I would squeal like a stuck pig if I needed major repairs to the engine or tranny.

Bottom line, I believe I'm a few thousand dollars ahead plus I haven't had to deal with the aggravation the insurance companies give most everyone to get a claim paid.

I am also filing with the Indiana Attorney General's office against ACC. Found the form to send in tonight on their website.

I cancelled my contract after 18 months and get the reply from Burgess that they don't owe me anything since I filed "multiple claims". One claim was filed which they didn't pay after a lot of hassle in trying to get them to. Pro rata refund amounts to $3016.32. I googled it all before I signed up and didn't see anything bad at that time. Guess I must have missed it as there sure is a lot of stuff out there now.

Bad news surprised it has taken this long for the word to get out on this guy. Do not even waste your time for a quote he will get you and your money then he does not know you. Go to ripoffreport.com and post your compliants. When someone pulls his site up your report comes up as well, he does not like this.

Bad news surprised it has taken this long for the word to get out on this guy. Do not even waste your time for a quote he will get you and your money then he does not know you. Go to ripoffreport.com and post your compliants. When someone pulls his site up your report comes up as well, he does not like this.

Went to that site but there are only 3 reports on there about ACC, and they are dated 2008 and 2009

Strange that you could only find three reports. I went to the site and entered "ACC" in the search box and got back lots of complaints about this company. Didn't count them, but at least two dozen then I quit reading them.

Does anyone know of a class action suit on behalf of the policy holders against ACC? We have outstanding claims of over $850 and are unable to obtain any information or response from the company. They had the nerve to send out an email in Feb 2014 informing all contract holders that they will only be responding to their online claims tracking service. That has failed to receive any response as well. It seems we should be able to combine our efforts for financial reimbursement.

I understand the frustration of not being abe to collect on what you believe to be a ligitimate claim but understand if a class action suit is filed and some years later resolved in your favor, you will receive pennies on the dollar. Unknowingly, I was in a multi-million dollar class action and when it was all said and done I lost the check before I ever cashed it. I seem to remember it was for $0.17. I'm confident the attorneys share was much greater .

I am alarmed at the posts on this forum. We are on the hunt for a new extended service warranty contract since our current one is expiring. I had just submitted information for a quote before reading this forum. Any suggestions out there for other companies to go through? It does not appear we can renew our current contract.