djordan1677

Steering/ Suspension/ etc.

A small increase or decrease in tire pressure can have a positive or negative effect on how a given vehicle tracks, particularly on worn roads and byways. It takes time to determine.

Any thoughts on the safety plus or roadmaster steering devices? I put new steer tires and had alignment before our trip to Arizonia from Michigan seems better but still has slight wander or fidget on highway. Tire pressure is correct for load.

Thanks,

Roland

Roland.

Safe-T-plus was what I used, Last one was on a 07' Tour and I highly recommend it! Had it on an 1981 & 83' Apollo, 87' Barth, 97' Allegro, 06' Southwind and the Tour. As long as your alignment and camber is good, it will do wonders eliminating drift and buffeting by passing trucks and high side winds. I also felt less fatigue and more relaxed at the end of the day!

Carl

I just watched a utube video of a motorhome owner adjusting the the sway bars on a class A motorhome on a F53 Ford chassie he adjusted the bracket holding the sway bar from the outer hole to the inner hole and claims this has improved his ride. It appears that by doing this he has increased the torsion on the sway bars has he in anyway adversely affected his ride or suspension ? I am thinking of doing it to may motorhome he claims it eliminates the need for add on sway bars.  

Yes, many have done this modification.

As long as the sway bar is still roughly parallel to the ground, no problem.  It (actually, any sway bar for that matter) will not adversely affect ride quality as it only come into play when one wheel moves vertically different than the other wheel on that axle. 

Said another way, if both wheels go over the same bump, the sway bar does NOTHING/added zero to spring rate.

2 hours ago, btchart said:

I just watched a utube video of a motorhome owner adjusting the the sway bars on a class A motorhome on a F53 Ford chassie he adjusted the bracket holding the sway bar from the outer hole to the inner hole and claims this has improved his ride. It appears that by doing this he has increased the torsion on the sway bars has he in anyway adversely affected his ride or suspension ? I am thinking of doing it to may motorhome he claims it eliminates the need for add on sway bars.  

Please add your motorhome to your signature as without  knowing what you have I can't  give good advice. Moving the mounting points only works on the F-53 that has the 2 different points. Inspect your bushings and if worn replace with polypropylene ones as they are firmer.

Bill  

1 hour ago, BillAdams said:

Oddly enough, you just did give good advice without knowing what he/she has.

Thank you Mister Bill. :P

Bill