tomcypress

Best Small SUV To Tow?

Honda CRV tows well, 30 mpg avg. Automatic is towable 4 wheels down. Many other good ones if you are willing to drive manual shift, or pay the price to add transmission cooler to auto.

Also if you are looking for a used suv, Saturn Vue was a good one that needs no conversion. I'm sure there are many others but these are a few, with the Honda as a new choice being my favorite.

Good luck hunting,

Kay

My Jeep Liberty is a 4 cylinder diesel that gets up to 30 mpg. It flat tows with transfer in neutral and transmission in park with dummy key turn one notch.

I looked at them all and I like the full frame Suzuki Grand Vitara 4x4.Its all wheel drive plus 4 wheel lock and also low range

drives good, excellent brakes and handling,30MPG, very lite to tow,Needs no mods,extremely well built and was price wise new the cheapest of all

small 4wheel drive SUV out there.we love it.Not saying its the best but its pretty dahm good

We have towed a 2003 CRV for about 70000 miles with very few problems, one of the few with 4 down automatic. I am considering the Ford C Max. It is a hybrid, towable 4 down, with interior space comparable to our CRV. It gets 47 MPG.

We tow a 2011 Honda CR V with 4 wheels down. Just be sure whatever you tow, read the owners manual. When driving it averages between 26 n 30 mpg.

We have a 2008 Saturn Vue. Great tow car. Does not have all the restrictions on time, speed, etc as many of the others. Almost all of the Chevy models tow just as easy as the Saturn. In particular the Chevy Equinox is almost identical to the Saturn. When my Saturn eventually dies, I'll be looking at the Equinox.

X2 on the Chevy Equinox. We have towed ours about 34,000 miles. Only problem we have had is our Brake Buddy locked the brakes and burned the rotors, but that isn't the fault of the Chevy. The Chevy HHR is also towable, but smaller. The Chevy Traverse is bigger, but not towable unless 4 wheel drive.

X2 on the Chevy Equinox. We have towed ours about 34,000 miles. Only problem we have had is our Brake Buddy locked the brakes and burned the rotors, but that isn't the fault of the Chevy. The Chevy HHR is also towable, but smaller. The Chevy Traverse is bigger, but not towable unless 4 wheel drive.

Nce vehicles but way too much money when going new for the awd especially.

Sorry but the Traverce can be towed 2 WD or all WD but it is a heavy rascle.

We tow a 2011 Honda CR V with 4 wheels down. Just be sure whatever you tow, read the owners manual. When driving it averages between 26 n 30 mpg.

Same here, hard to beat the overall value and quality of a Honda.

Same here, hard to beat the overall value and quality of a Honda.

I was looking at a Honda but Grand Vitara Suzuki as I said earlier is as good or better quality and when I looked NEW to NEW GVS was 7K cheaper comparing options to options as close as I could on no trade cash deal. I like the 7K in my jeans. Had I known they were leaving the car market I may not have bought one but after 24K I am happy we did.

Been towing a 2006 Honda CR V for several years 4 wheels down . Great tow, but Honda says don't go over 65 MPH.

We tow a 2013 Honda CRV 4 down with no problems. Just follow the instructions in the owner's manual. The tech that set-up my motorhome and CRV said he does 6 Honda's to any other vehicle.

Yes, all Subarus with manual transmission are towable 4 wheels down.

As an FMCA Member, you can go here and look at what the vehicle manufacturers deemed towable 4 wheels down for the last 10+ years:

http://www.fmca.com/motorhome/towing.html

Great site Wolfe10. Thanks for sharing that. As always, every time I'm on this forum I learn something new and informative.

When towing the Honda CRV, do towed miles register on the odometer?

I currently have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the miles do not register to the odometer. I am thinking about buying a 2014 Honda CRV.

Ron Prater

Nashville, TN

2005 Holiday Rambler Scepter