Sign in to follow this  
bschilz

Removing Ceiling Light Lens Covers

I have about 5 bulbs which have burned out in my ceiling lights and I really want to replace them, but the frosted glass lens covers are proving to be a major obstacle. I was able to break loose one of the lens covers and I confirmed I am twisting the cover correctly, but the remaining lens covers are absolutely stuck in place and it seems like no matter how much force I exert trying to twist them, they just remain in place. Anyone else had to deal with this and find a solution?

We had similar issues. Try using a clamp with adjustable rubber feet to grip the lens was the best suggestion we heard. Hope it works for you!

The flange of the lense sticks to the vinyl ceiling material. Slip something in behind the lens flange, like a credit card and work it all the way around. Then twist the lens off with your fingers. Good luck.

I used those thin, rubber grippers people use to open stuck jars. Just put them up to the surface of the flange and appy upward pressure and twist them. Worked every time.