Sign in to follow this  
Jofenech

DirecTV No Signal

I have used my cell phone compass to set up my MH satellite (direct TV) many times, typically with success. Don't waste your money on signal finders, the direct tv setup signal strength audio works just as well, especially as you are inside your coach when aiming your dish. Be aware that there are many things on your MH that can drastically alter a compass reading, I always go outside away from the MH to get a bearing. Your coach would have to be really out of level to have much effect on the signal. As a last resort when I have had problems I walk around the RV park and see what direction other dishes are pointed, just to double check my compass.

I have used my cell phone compass to set up my MH satellite (direct TV) many times, typically with success. Don't waste your money on signal finders, the direct tv setup signal strength audio works just as well, especially as you are inside your coach when aiming your dish. Be aware that there are many things on your MH that can drastically alter a compass reading, I always go outside away from the MH to get a bearing. Your coach would have to be really out of level to have much effect on the signal. As a last resort when I have had problems I walk around the RV park and see what direction other dishes are pointed, just to double check my compass.