DIAMONDS

Fridge fuse keeps blowing

I have a 2006 gas-powered Fleetwod Pace Arrow with the Workhorse chassis. The problem I have is on the full slideout. The fridge is on this side, and when I put the slide in all the way it blows the 12-volt fuse for the fridge and lights on the slide side.

I know that as the slide comes all the way in there is a short somewhere with the slide. When a new fuse is in and the slide is out, everthing works fine. But moving the slide in and stopping it 1 or 2 inches out, it's okay. Move it in all the way and ... bang, the fuse blows.

Any ideas on what I can do before taking it in for service? They told me it could take hours to find (costing big bucks). Has this happedend to anyone else, and what did they do to fix it? Thank you.

My fridge is in my slide, and I always worry about "when" the cable/wiring attachments will fail. I make a point of looking at the cables, etc., whenever I am hooking up the utilities since the slide will be out then. Luckily, my fridge is at the rear of the slide, and it's very easy to view the connections. So far, so good.

I'd check all the wiring once it's out. Look for fraying, metal chips, etc. If you have someone on the inside, you can start manipulating the wires and see when the fridge shuts off. You can then do some additional trouble shooting.